Flowing Like Lava

Eliana Tessa Castellanos

With the glass still on my hand, I turn around on the chair to face this stranger that stood in front of me. He was a good few inches taller than me and was quite built. His sandy blond hair was neatly combed back, enhancing his sharp features. But his eyes were what stood out.

That piercing blue orbs of his.

I knew he was strong. The Alpha blood in him was very strong. So was his dominance. Yet he was not completely one of them. Nor was he one of us. So, what was he then?

"They are closing soon. If you are looking for a place to enjoy the night, I suggest you join the rest at the beach." I lean my elbows on the counter, ignoring his question. I know I sound strong. My voice was laced with dominance of my own. I was not going to show any weakness to this man. This creature that I don't know of yet.

But his face becomes emotionless as he starts to move towards me. "I would rather not go to that place. I want to enjoy the silence of the night that's why I came here."

He takes a seat in the stool beside me and takes the bottle off the counter. He pours himself a drink in one of the empty glass and gulps it down. Even if he was a werewolf, he was quite good looking for one. In fact, very good looking.

"So, what do you want to forget?" I ask him curiously.

"What do you want to forget?" He questions me with my own question while pouring himself some more drink and chugging it down. "You didn't answer my question before. What are you?" He squints his eyes, trying to figure me out yet again.

I inhale a deep breath as I turn my head back to the lightings on the dance floor while debating with myself whether to answer this creature who seemed dangerous yet innocuous. But I was still oblivious of his motives. Exhaling a deep sigh, I decide against any odds and turn my head around to look into his eyes.

"Ever heard of Lycans."

He nods and turns around to pour himself more drink. "Of course. Haven't met one though." He downs it once more and finally places the glass on the counter.

"This thing is strong. You definitely know your drinks." He shakes his head and runs his hands over his head, messing his hair in process.

I chuckle, loosening myself to him. "So, what are you trying to remember then?" I casually ask.

He sighs loudly, his elbows now on the counter while his hands were still deep in his hair. For a second I thought that he wouldn't say a thing, but I was surprised when he actually did.

"The one that has my heart."

The sadness in his voice made me feel emotional as well. I want to know his story. The life he had lived. What kind of life he had lived? Even though I was prying, for some reason I wanted to know all about it.

"Love?"

He turns his head towards me and nods his head. "Mate."

"What happened?" I couldn't stop myself. My eyes grew curious as my mouth spoke on its own accord.

For a second, his blue eyes held all the sadness of the universe. Just for a second before he scoffed it off and drank it away. "So, what's your story? What are you trying to forget?" He asks looking back at me.

I wanted to hear more about him, but I couldn't help it when he changed the topic. I gulp down the drink and turn around to place the empty glass on the counter, only to pour another drink for myself. Could I trust this man? Goddess knows I don't even know what he was, but somewhere in my heart, I wanted him to hear my story as I wanted to hear his own. I wanted someone else to talk with. A stranger who would not judge me for the things that I had done. Or at least I hoped he would not.