Rise Like A Phoenix

Eliana Tessa Castellanos

When I finally recover from his assault to my cheek, I snarl at him. "Tough aren't you princess. I expect nothing less of my queen. Isn't it boys?" He starts laughing and soon the rest follows.

There were quite a few of them here and most probably more outside. If I were conscious enough, I would have easily obtained such information, but I have already lost most of my senses.

But still, I could clearly smell the Lycan that stood in front of me.

The more I thought about it, the less sense it all made. I did not recognise his smell or remember ever having an encounter with him before. So, why the crazy obsession with me?

"Who are you?"

Their laughter dies out, but he still chuckles, amused. "Finally getting to know each other. It's good." He leans down so his face was close to mine. "My name's Dave, princess. And I am your mate."

He licks my cheek that he had just slapped a while ago. Disgusted, I pull my head to the other side, but he yanks me right back. Once again, I close my eyes shut as the world around me starts spinning.

This was worse than I thought. Never in my life, had I been so weak. I had felt helpless countless times before, but not as hopeless as I did at this moment.

My breathing becomes heavier and I try not to move my head as much as I can. His tight grip on my hair was the only thing that was keeping me in place as the world around me once again starts to slow down, but another pain blinds me soon.

"You are not my mate." I manage to say through the pain.

He chuckles. "Oh, you don't have to worry about that you will soon be, once I mark you, of course."

I still had my eyes shut tight. I did not want to look at his face as he spoke, and also all this pain was making my body numb. I felt pain but at the same time, I felt nothing. "Why- what do you want from me?"

At this point, I was starting to fade in and out of my consciousness. My brain was not keeping up with my body. "No. No, princess." His voice goes a notch higher which makes me scrunch my face.

"I don't want anything from you. I just want you and I'll give everything to you once you become mine."

"You can never have me. I don't belong-"

But he cuts me right off. "That's where you are wrong princess. I will have you." I feel his hot breath on my face. I don't know where I found all the energy, but I felt it surge through me. I pull my head back and rock it forward, slamming it as hard as I could against his head.

I felt a ringing headache and scrunch my face even more in pain. I blink my eyes a few times then finally open them to see a smirk on his face. He doesn't even bat an eye. He just chuckles and starts laughing. "If you think that's going to do anything, then think again, princess."

I feel him pull my hair back, so my face was upward, facing him. "Why me?"

"Because-" And once again he's in my face. "The name Castellanos itself screams power. You are next to royalty. If I have you, I too will become one. You see I was turned into one so, I don't really possess a lot of power unlike a true Lycan. But you my princess are a royal and a true Lycan. So, tell me who else would I chose as my mate if not you."

"You don't get to choose who your mate is and even if I did, I would never in eternity chose to be yours." I spat the words at him.

I feel the grip on my hair tighten, but I don't feel the pain anymore. "I want power and you will give me just that." He hisses angrily.

"I cannot give you power-"

"You are wrong again." He chuckles as his eyes go huge. "Just having you by my side is enough. A Castellanos by my side. It will be enough. I could raise a havoc with that name alone. Imagine all that they will do for me, once I have you in my arms."

He has a dreamy look on his face with a big grin on it. "My princess you will give me strength. Once you become mine, nobody will dare touch me and you know just why. If they try to kill me, they will end up hurting you more."

His grin only widens more as I glare at him with raw anger.

"Now don't look at your mate with so much feelings just yet." His other hand comes to cup my face but ends up gripping them tightly. "Once you are mine, you won't be able to keep away from me. You too will want me. You will feel what I feel. You will want what I want. Just wait until tomorrow morning. I'll have everything ready by then. You just need to sit here and well-"

He leans his head to one side. "be yourself, I guess." He laughs as he throws my head to the side.

Once again, the world spins and I close my eyes shut as the headache builds up. Their sinister laughter was not helping it ease.

I wanted to scream at my lack of power. I wanted to rip his head off. But I couldn't do anything.

I was truly hopeless.

I don't know how much time had passed as I once again sat in the darkness. My head was still pounding but it was better than before. Now, all these questions fills my brain.

How long until he came back? Could I hang on for that long?

Chris...

Would he come looking for me? Does he even know that I'm gone?

All my hopes were starting to die with each passing minute as I sat there drained of all my energy. And all my blood that still seemed to pour non-stop.

When was this going to end? Who was going to end this? Would I allow him to mark me as his?

Hell, no.

I will kill myself than become someone else'. But I had no power to fight back. What was this weak, helpless me, going to do?

His warm brown eyes replay over my head. I want to see them again. I want to feel his touch.

Chris...

But I know he can't feel me. We have not marked each other yet. And at this moment, I hated not being his. He had told me to be his. It was me who denied him because I didn't forgive myself enough to indulge in happiness for all those things that happened in the past.

I have only just realised it now that everything happens for a reason. Raven was destined to return home. And Aries' words remind me of how much I longed to be with my mate. Even before I had met him.

He made me realise of the things that awaited me if I denied him. A soulless Lycan roaming the world. And I was not ready to lose my soul. Nor, I will ever be.

But who was going to save me from this monster that held me captive?

I had no one to save me. I had left all the help when I left the palace. All the privileges, the safety that came with it, I had left it all behind.

I was gradually starting to be afraid of what awaited me.

Would I be enough for myself? Could I save myself?

Would I be able to rise like a phoenix?