Episode 9

Saturday, 6:25AM Naomi had just arrived at the address, where David supposedly lived, in her dad’s Peugeot

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Saturday, 6:25AM
Naomi had just arrived at the address, where David supposedly lived, in her dad’s Peugeot. It was what she has been using to transport herself since the murder was discovered, while her dad moved around in patrol vehicles. She remained in the vehicle as she set out her camera and notepad. While she waited, she used the opportunity to check the platform for any updates on the case. She found none, except that David has been flagged down as a suspect. This only means one thing, she and her dad are on a secret mission. She smiled to herself. This was just as she wanted. She and her dad are alone on a case. ‘At least, I’ll be free to act,’ she smiled again.
She checked for other information. Then, something caught her eyes that changed her smile into a frown in a second. ‘Why would Captain pair me with Stanley of all people?’ She hit on the steering several times to show her disgust in such a decision. ‘He dare not show up here.’ She smirked. ‘No, he won’t. He doesn't even know I'm on this mission.’
Naomi was still trying to convince herself if Stanley would show up or not, when two ladies left the building where David supposedly lived. Her camera in hand, she took several pictures of them and penned down their reaction. One of them was dressed like someone who had a hangover and the other was just there to help her reach home. If that is the case, then, they are not an occupant of that building. Probably, a party was held here. She quickly sent the pictures to Bob for identification, not after asking him to keep this between them again. She had previously sent the pictures of the shoe prints to him and she was yet to get a response. Yet, she loaded him with more work. He however agreed without a second thought and promised to get back to her soon. She knew he liked her and she knows just how to exploit that likeness.
No one else came in or out of the building until a few minutes to 8. A guy with a cross bag, who looked like someone in a rush, came out of the building. He walked right past Naomi who had gone to get a coffee across the road. She didn’t bother to rush to the car for her camera. She just smiled to herself as he walked past.
‘Thank God for auto snap.’ She sipped her coffee with a smile that shows satisfaction.
Not long after that. She received a ping on her tablet. It was a document from Bob which was password encrypted. She was about texting him to request for a password when a text came into her phone. It read: Enpee. She immediately knew that was the password and erased the text she was sending. She wondered why he would password the document. ‘One can’t be too overprotective,’ she thought. She entered the password and clicked okay.
“Wow! Bob is kidding me.” She sounded amazed on opening the document. She was surprised the little things she asked of him would be up to 4 pages. She only needed the names of the ladies who left the building. “Oh! Names of the occupants of 27, Crawford lane,” she read out as she scrolled through the names. It was a list of 12 names, David Cooper included. On the second page of the document were two names: Jane Jackson and Maryam Hussein. She realized it was the names of the ladies who left the apartment before. Bob had even given a 6 line information about them including their gender, DOB, address, height, weight and school. They both attend the Barbington University and lived in the same address, which wasn’t 27, Crawford Lane but a hostel at the University Residence.
She scrolled to the third page and there was it. David Cooper’s shoe prints match one of those found at the crime scene while another belonged to the name she had found out before, ‘Tibepx’  which meant nothing to her. “Fuck!” she cursed. The last statement actually made her do so. I haven’t found any valuable information on Tibepx, yet. At least, now she knows the name exists.

Mystery in Miseryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें