IV

(4)

Grian let out a shaky sigh, his hands clasped together as he hand them raised to his mouth. He was nervous for sure, especially after learning that Xisuma had been secretly keeping an eye on him. He was told to stay away from the server owner just before he was supposed to depart for Hermitcraft. The builder sat by the edge of his roof, his feet just hanging off of the side. Grian didn't know what do and all he could hope for is that Xisuma doesn't figure out who he is at all. That wouldn't do well for the builder.

Meanwhile, back in X's base, there was still a distressed admin and a confused poet. If Grian was a Watcher, then that will cause a huge number of problems for both the server and Xisuma. But, it seemed that Grian.. wasn't a Watcher. If he was, the server wouldn't be handling it well. And by handling it well, I mean that the server would glitch, then eventually try to delete itself, deleting any players inside.

Watchers aren't meant to play in the world. They're only meant to watch.

"What makes you think that Grian is supposedly a Watcher?" Joe asked, his southern accent peaking through ever so slightly, "The server hasn't tried to delete itself yet.."

"I know.. But that's the thing. What if Grian was alligned with the Watchers?" X absentmindly muttered, he had a strong feeling that might be the case. A Watcher that's allowed to build without the world causing a self deletion? Never heard of it before. That, or it's happened but players or the Watcher themself never made it out alive.

Joe slowly nodded, niether him nor Xisuma could be entirely sure what exactly is going on, "The only thing to do is to just wait for more clues.."

"If we're too late, then it could be our downfall" X grimly replied, furrowing his brows, "Let's just hope that it never happens. I'll keep an eye on him, just a little more secretive than before."

He paused. ".. I may have accidentally revealed myself to Grian"

Joe only let out a defeated sigh in response. What an idiot.

— • —

A month or two had passed and Grian was dead asleep on his bed, though he was tossing and turning. A dream sparked long forgotten memories to resurface.

The imagery is pure white. He wasn't able to see a single thing. All Grian was able to do was listen in on the conversation. It was all in Galatic and it sounded like a conversation between 2 adults and a kid.

"Xelqua? What kind of name is that?" The child paused, his voice sounding a little nostalgic. "Sorry to be rude, but the name kinda sucks."

Small murmurs were exchanged, how he wished he could see what was exactly happening.

"It's not like we have any knowledge of player names.." A young, but much older than the child voice softly replied.

The child hummed, "How about Gria.. no.. Grian!"

That earned a wholehearted chuckle from the older voices, "Grian huh? Sounds like a bad name."

"It sounds way better than Xelqua though!"

Grian jolted awake, his instant reaction was to sit up. Maybe the prank war was a little too stressful on him. He rubbed his eyes, looking out at the sky from his blue tinted windows. It was quiet everywhere, the only sound coming from him moving around on his bed, causing the wooden frame to creak occasionally. The builder let a tired hum escape his lips as he slowly laid back down on his bed. He couldn't help but wonder who those voices were.