VI

(6)

Xisuma stared down Mumbo. He was upset, more upset than he should have been and his stare definitely unnerved the poor hermit as Mumbo awkwardly shifted. He tried to keep his composure, yet still somehow sounded pissed. "..You.. you knew. How long?"

Joe looked extremely panicked, he's only seen Xisuma this upset only a handful of times and those were times the poet didn't want to remember. Times before Hermitcraft.

Mumbo awkwardly fidgeted with his fingers, slowly bringing his gaze to the other Hermits currently there. There were a handful of mixed emotions, mainly upset and shock. He didn't want to leave X's question unanswered, "..Just a couple years before I joined Hermitcraft. I grew curious where Grian was from exactly because.. Well he wasn't wearing the clothing he wears now compared to then."

Xisuma scowled, looking away from Mumbo. He shook his head, he can't focus on what could've happened in the past if he knew that information. All the other hermits slowly trickled in, not saying much. Most were amazed at the fact that Xisuma had his helmet off for the first time while the others were distracted with the Watcher mask that Joe had in his clutches.

Many of them pointed out X's deep purple eyes and how pretty they looked. He brushed it off as nothing, but soon waved his hands in an attempt to hush everyone as he saw the last view hermits arrive.

His stomach dropped, his anxiety slowly growing. He had to say something, anything but he couldn't find the words. "I think it's finally time I told you something I've kept secret for a long time."

X looked over at Joe and Joe nodded, he knew how bad Xisuma was with explaining this mess. I mean, just ask the poet himself. "There was a lone Watcher hiding out in Hypixel after learning what his race was planning to do. He didn't want to be a part of it. After being found and confronted by the server owner and admin himself, he was granted an opportunity to start anew as a player and not a Watcher."

Joe paused, thinking of how to explain the next part.

"He started his own survival multiplayer server and with the help of new friends, he invited unnoticed players from all around onto his server. That's how we met. One day tragedy struck, the server noticed strange oddities within the world and due to safety issues, the world began to delete itself. We.." His voice faltered and Xisuma covered his eyes. Both hated talking about what happened before, "..we tried to save as many as we could but it was too late. He and I were the only survivors."

Soft murmurs passed through the Hermits.

"What does that have to do with Xisuma?" Iskall stupidly asked, not connecting the dots.

Joe blanked, yet continued anyways, "Xisuma didn't give up. He tried again and it was a success after multiple layers of protection on the whitelisted server. Hermitcraft. It was safe, until recently. A mistake on both of our parts."

"We should be fine for now. Watchers can't enter servers unless the coded defense is low or if there's a large..." Xisuma trailed off, slowly realizing something. He needed to nullify his mask right now. "..source of Watcher magic-Joe the mask!"

Joe's eyes widened and tried to give X the mask. Iskall physically stopped Joe, there's no way he's trusting Xisuma right now. Everything is just moving too fast for the man to mentally process everything that's happening right now. It soon escalated into an argument, between the rest of the Hermits, all of them taking sides. There was a stupid amount of noise, yet Xisuma was intently focused on the mask. The admin took a couple steps back and raised his hand. Joe tossed the mask over Iskall like an enderpearl. Multiple people, including Iskall, tried to grab it before the admin could reach it. They were scared that Xisuma would double cross them like Grian had done. They couldn't reach it.