VII

(Epilogue)

Months had passed and a Hermitcraft continued on as normal. Well, as normal as it could've been without Grian. There was a memorial for the builder in the middle of the battlefield. Flowers get added as the weeks go by. Xisuma kept wearing his helmet just because it felt right and he tried to continue the server as normal. He was still trying to get used to being a player rather than a Watcher. It was tough, he had to admit.

Even though it's been so long since that event had happened, Xisuma kept disappearing into his thoughts, not focusing much on his base or his shops at all. He was distracted. X decided to keep Joe as an admin for the server and he trusted that the poet wouldn't abuse his power.

He logged out of the server to join another one. When he logged on, he was met with large statues and arches. X knew this was the place he was supposed to be at. The admin walked to the center and prayed. Grian didn't deserve the permadeath and he knows it. The man deserves to start anew. He muttered his prayers in Galatic, hoping that it would do something this time around.

"Gods please hear my prayers, I want my wish to be fulfilled. Please bring back Grian from permadeath, that's my wish."

Silence.

"He can't. The man tried to connect to Minecraft from Domain and he knew that he was going to die anyways. There would be no chance for him to be alive right now anyways."

A voice replied back but Xisuma wasn't pleased.

"Then a Minecraft where Watchers were already locked away before Grian and I existed."

"That could work, but that's a huge wish you're asking for Xisumavoid. Give us a reason why we should rewrite the Minecraft history for one man?"

"Because that man saved Minecraft and thousands of players because of what the Watchers were planning."

Xisuma was met with silence again.

"You're going to feel disoriented."

— • —

It's a normal day on the Hermitcraft server. And by normal, I mean that Grian just got finished pranking an idle Mumbo Jumbo. He slyly snickered, his wings extending and took flight back to his half finished base. Grian couldn't help but admire the mess he called his mega base built with nothing but white concrete and gray terracotta. Well, at least he did his best to make it look futuristic and in the builder's eyes it was completely perfect. He landed down by the mess he called his storage and looked throughout the large chests and pile of shulker boxes, searching around for the concrete powder and any other materials he needed to make more blocks to build with.

Some time had passed and Grian was finally able to find what he needed. He crafted up the gravel, sand and dye together to make more white concrete powder and quickly flew up to where he last left off. With a graceful landing on the thick layer of blocks, Grian went around the circled base, building the walls higher until he didn't have any more blocks to build with. After that was done, he poured water on the powder to harden it into pure concrete. He intently watched the water trickle down across the sides, the concrete forming quickly when the powder makes contact with the water.

Grian grinned, jumping off of the building. His feathers ruffled and he extended his wings to glide. He didn't want to expend some energy just to fly faster so he continued to slowly glide. Grian landed somewhere in the center of the shopping district, looking around. He wasn't there to really buy anything, he was just bored and tired, not really feeling like going to grind for more sand and other materials he needed to craft more concrete powder. He was about to go on a calming walk until he heard a familiar voice yell his name from behind.

"Grian!"

He turned his body to see who beckoned him, but he had an idea on who it was and boy was he right. The builder let out a snicker in response from seeing what he had done as a prank for his close friend, Mumbo Jumbo. Grian slowly fell into laughter, as Mumbo was clearly upset at the Grian head with the Curse of Binding effect equipped.

"Curse of Binding? Are you serious?" Despite seeming angry, the redstoner wasn't all that upset. He should've expected something like this from his good friend.

"I couldn't help it!" A slight wheeze escaped from Grian's lips, raising his hands in the air before abruptly running off. Which led to Mumbo chasing after the builder, who eventually caught up just because he has a longer stride compared to Grian.

Mumbo captured the smaller hermit, well. He tried to. Grian was just able to spread his wings and fly off. He glided around the mustached man in a semi-taunting manner, yet had a carefree grin on his face.

Mumbo thought for a moment, or five, watching the new hermit slowly glide. "Can you at least put me out of my misery so I don't have to wear your face anymore?"

"As if! That stays on your head unless you die on your own!" Grian replied with a snicker, landing to the side of the taller, black haired male. His wings folded up as he landed. That response earned a subtle growl from Mumbo, soon followed by a heavy sigh.

"..You're cruel."

"I know."

— • —

[ And this epilogue signals the end of Trust, hope you all enjoyed after a doc with 10k words and who knows how many pages :) ]