The Dinner

"Sorry," I mumbled.

Batman's mom smiled sweetly.

"You must be Addison," I nodded. "I'm Anne, its nice to meet you," She pulled me into a quick hug, catching me by surprise.

From over Anne's shoulder I could see Batman holding back his laughter.

She pulled back and gestured to her son.

"This is my son, Ashton," She said still smiling.

So that was his name.

I gave Ashton a small smile and he returned it. His dimples showing and beautiful hazel eyes looked slightly confused at me being kind.

I was nervous for him to see the real me. I wasn't worried that he would go and tell someone how I really dressed and acted, but weirdly enough I was worried that he wouldn't like it. I didn't understand it, but I knew that I hoped he would like me for me.

I motioned them to come inside and thankfully my mom and dad decided to come down at that very moment.

"Anne, I'm so glad you could make it!" My mom said with her hundred-watt smile.

"Thank you for inviting us over," Anna said with a smile.

"Oh, it's my pleasure," My mom replied.

My dad cleared his throat.

"Oh," Mom said with a small laugh. "Anne, this is my husband, Scott and my youngest Sadie," Mom introduced. "Scott, this is Anne and her son Ashton," She added.

She looked at Ashton.

"You can call me, Alyssa," She told him.

He gave her a dimpled smile and nodded.

"Dinner is just about done-oh Sadie I just put that on you!" My mom exclaimed.

I started laughing when I saw that Sadie had spit up all over the small dress she was wearing.

"Addison, can you please go change her, I need to check dinner," She told me.

Still laughing, I took Sadie and headed for the stairs.

"Take Ashton with you!" She said disappearing into the kitchen.

I turned to see Ashton's eyes widen and Anne gave him a little nudge. I smiled at him and gestured for him to follow.

Slowly, he followed me up the stairs and into Sadie's nursery.

Her walls were a soft shade of pink, a soft fluffy rug lay in the center of the room, her crib was off the side, and opposite of it was her changing station.

I went over to it and laid her on it.

"Will you make sure she doesn't fall?" I asked looking at Ashton over my shoulder.

He nodded gently and stepped over next to me.

I walked past the rocking chair and to the dresser.
Grabbing a couple things, I went back over to Sadie and Ashton, to find him holding a stuffed elephant over her, playing with her.

Man, guys playing with kids made them all the hotter.

I smiled and stepped next to me.

Ashton had a huge smile plastered on his face.

"You're just like sissy, aren't you?" I cooed.

She smiled as I pulled her dress off of her.

"You don't even know what a dress is and you already hate them, just like me," I said putting some small black leggings on her.