Fear

Kinda gross chapter ig

●◉◎◈◎◉●

"IT'S FEAR."

The word struck familiarity to M/n, someone had said to him. It was how they ended their summer.

That horrific summer of '89.

"Why do we all f-f-feel like that?"

"You remember something we don't.. don't you?"

"Something happens to you when you leave this town, the farther away you get, the hazier the memories get."

"But me.. I never left."

Seconds of silence surrounded the atmosphere, almost as if there were nobody else in the restaurant.

"So yeah, I remember."

"I remember all of it."

"Pennywise.." Bev whispered. M/n heart stopped. It hadn't come back.. right.?

"Oh that fucking clown.."

"Mike.. you said you wanted out help with something, what was it." Bill clenched his jaw. Trying not to believe what his brain was telling him.

"There's an echo, here in Derry. It bounces back, every 27 years."

"What are you talking about.." "hell no." "Shit."

Everyone continued to protest, not believing that the clown was back, and came back to feast off the children.

"Listen, we thought we stopped it back then, we though it was done." Mike opened a journal with drawing and writing, all about the stupid clown.

"A man, Adrian Mellan, slaughtered." "No, Mike come on!"

"There's already been others, and there will be more."

Everyone argued, but Ben stopped it. "Guys, just let him explain."

"That echo.. we might've changed it, just like it changed us. But we didn't stop it, because it still bounced back."

"We made an oath, that's why I brought you back."

"That's why you're here, to finish it."

"Well that shit got dark fast." Richie relaxed, almost not believing it.

Everyone sighed and grabbed a fortune cookie.

Eddie opened his, "my fortune cookie just says could.."

"They don't know how to do fortune cookies here, mine says 'guess'."

"You Wana throw that over here?" Bill stood up, grabbing all of the fortune that they opened.

They tried guessing what it could say, moving around the little papers around to try and form the correct sentence.

"Hey Bev, what do you have?" M/n looked over her shoulder as she slowly handed it to him.

Everyone looks over at the twins, M/n looked at the paper, his throat clenched.