Chapter 11: A Hyena's Help

Harley Quinn's pov:
————————————

     Was Ivy cheating on me? I grimaced at the thought of it. I was sure she must have had a reason to ignore me all day. Surely she wasn't ditching me for another woman. She wouldn't..........would she?
My phone buzzed from the side of the bed. I walked over to it, seeing a text from Ivy.

     "Get dressed, meet me outside. 😘"

     I smiled at the text. I knew she wouldn't forget about me. With a skip in my step, I made my way over to the closet. I grabbed a black and red strapless dress and put it on. I slipped on some red high heels and went to do my makeup.

     I put on my pale foundation and tied the look together by putting blue eyeshadow on one eye and pink eyeshadow on the other. My eyeliner wings weren't perfect, but they were good enough. I pulled my hair up into two pig tails.

     Grabbing my phone, I walked outside. I made sure to lock the front door before admiring the full moon in the starry sky. I looked down at the sidewalk to find rose petals on the ground. I followed the path as it led all the way down the street to an alleyway where Ivy was waiting.

     "Hey, baby. What's all this?" I asked as Ivy leaned against a black motorcycle.

     "What? I can't treat my girl whenever I feel like it?" She asked giving me a hug.

     That was unusual for her. Ivy was never a hugger and rarely wore anything fancy. And yet here she was, hugging me in a solid black suit.

     "Ya look fancy, Ive." I said holding her out in front of me.

     "Nothing compared to you." She said as her face turned a dark green. "Come on."

     She straddled the motorcycle as she waited for me to get on behind her. The motorcycle wasn't the only thing I wished she would ride. I got on behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I rested my head on her shoulder as the wind blew her long red hair in my face. My pigtails flopped in the wind. I giggled.

     Before long, we arrived at an open green field. Ivy put down the kickstand and helped me get down. I stumbled a little as my heels sunk into the grass. Ivy put her arms around my back, steadying me, as she kissed my lips softly. I giggled as I kicked off my heels. No point in wearing them in the grass.

     Ivy held out her hand towards a tree and I watched in awe as a branch extended out towards us. She climbed on the branch and lifted me up as well. The branch carried us towards a bench that was sitting near the water of a nearby lake.

     I hopped off the branch and walked to the water, dipping my bare feet in. I closed my eyes. The water was cold and relaxing. I felt a small splash of water hit the side of my face. I jerked my head over to see Ivy smiling at me with her hands in the water.

     "Oh no you didn't!" I gasped as I splashed water back at her.

     The next thing I knew, we were chasing each other around with water cupped in our hands. Ivy ran at me as I splashed water in her face. She wiped the water from her face and swooped me up off my feet. She held me over her shoulder as she walked knee deep in the water. She lowered me until my head was hanging down as her hands were around my back, keeping me from falling. She pretended to drop me as she stared into my eyes.

     "No baby please don't." I laughed wrapping my hands around her neck as I tried to pull myself back up.

     "You're lucky I love you, dummy." She teased as she pulled me back up, holding me like a princess.

     She carried me to the bench and we sat down next to each other. She wrapped her arm around my back as I put my head on her shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw ivy motion for someone to come over. I pulled my head off her shoulder and looked in the direction she was pointing at.

     I watched as two baby hyenas bounded up towards us. I dropped to my knees as one of them ran up to me. I ruffled his fur as he started to lick my face, making me laugh.

     "Hey, cutie. Aren't you the cutest little cutie of all time? Yes ya are. Yes ya are!" I said in the same voice I spoke to babies in.

     I looked over at Ivy as she took something out of the other hyena's mouth. I stood up, as I watched her play with a small box in her hand. My hands became sweaty as Ivy stood up and grabbed my hands.

     "You know I love you, right?" Ivy rhetorically asked as she stared into my eyes. "And I would do anything for you. You saved my life and never gave up on me no matter how many times I screwed up."

     I felt my heart drop as Ivy pulled her hands away. She looked at the ground before returning her gaze to me. Her eyes glinted with held tears.

     "Are you..........are you breaking up with me?" I asked as my voice choked and my hands got sweaty.

     Ivy looked down at the ground before putting her hand on my cheek. She rubbed her thumb against my cheek as her bottom lip slightly quivered. My heart stopped as I watched Ivy drop down on one knee.

     "Oh my god." I gasped putting my hand over my mouth.

     "Harley, we have been dating for 3 years now and ever since I first met you back in Arkham, I knew I had to make you mine. You are so perfect in so many ways and unlike many others, you never gave up on me. You were my first real friend besides plants and I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend." Ivy said as a tear rolled down her cheek. "I know that you deserve so much better than me. You deserve the entire world and so much more and I would give it all to you if I could. I love you. I love you so much that I forget how much I hate myself. You are my everything and I never want to let you go. So here I am on one knee asking you the most important question I will ever ask you. Harleen Frances Quinzel, will you........will you marry me?"

     She opened the box, revealing a beautiful silver ring with a red and black gem in the middle.  I felt my heart beat dangerously fast. I felt like I was going to pass out. I couldn't breathe and tears stung my eyes. I couldn't believe it. I was living in a fairytale.

     "Yes! A thousand times yess!" I giggled through tears.

     Ivy's eyes lit up with relief as she slid the ring on my finger. She stood up and wrapped me up in the biggest hug I've ever gotten. Her lips met mine as she gave me a kiss that was salty from our combined tears. We leaned our foreheads against each other's as we both felt each other smile.

     She reached her hand behind my calves and swooped me off my feet as she, once again, carried me like a princess. She carried me all the way to the motorcycle as the hyena pups followed at our feet, almost tripping Ivy.

     "What's with the hyenas?" I asked as I sat on the motorcycle.

    "This is Bud and Lou. They are yours if you want them." Ivy said putting the pups in a carrier connected to the motorcycle.

     I nodded my head as I wrapped my arms around Ivy's waist as she climbed in front of me. That night, I left the house with a girlfriend and returned with a fiancé . I smiled as we rode back to the house. I admired the night sky as the stars stared down at us from above. And for the first time, in a long time, I was happily at peace.