Chapter 23: Long Time No See

Harley Quinn's pov:
—————————————

     I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside the window. I groaned as I turned over and put a pillow over my ear. It was too early for me to wake up.

     "Babyyyy" I groaned as I pressed the pillow harder into my ear.

     "What?" She mumbled back, clearly not enjoying her time awake either.

     "Make it stop." I pouted as I started to kick my legs like a toddler.

     I opened my eyes to see Ivy using her powers to control a tree. I watched in disgust as she had the tree squeeze the bird in half. It's blood and small intestines squirted all over the window.

     "You didn't have to do all that now!" I gasped in shock.

     I mean sure, we were villains and we occasionally killed people, but I drew the line at animals. Whatever. I was just thankful to be able to sleep in peace.

     "Shut up and go back to sleep." Ivy mumbled.

———

     When I woke up, Ivy wasn't next to me. I pouted internally. I loved waking up and having Ivy's face being the first thing I see. It didnt feel right waking up to an empty bed. I made my way towards the living room where I found ivy curled into a ball on the couch. It looked almost as if she was rocking herself.

     "Red?" I called her name.

     She sat up and looked at me with a tired look on her face. She waved a hand in my direction before flopping her head back down on the couch.

     "You tired baby?" I asked as I started gently rubbing her back.

     "Mhm" she mumbled as she started to doze off.

     "What are ya doing on the couch, you silly goose? Why don't ya go to bed?" I asked.

     "Too far away." Was all Ivy said before her breathing slowed down as she fell asleep.

     I smiled as I picked Ivy's limp body off of the couch and carried her to the bedroom. I laid her on the bed as I gently pulled the covers over her body. Looking down at her, I could tell how tired she really was. I started to feel bad. The only reason Ivy stayed up as late as she did last night was because I kept having nightmares. It was my fault that Ivy was so exhausted. I frowned before gently closing the door and heading into the kitchen.

     I started to unload the dishwasher. I had not been much help recently around the house since I was pregnant, so I decided to take advantage of Ivy being asleep. I started cleaning the floors and wiping down the counters all while I had the laundry going. After about an hour or so, I could feel myself getting dehydrated, so I took a break and fixed myself a cold glass of water.

     I sat down on the couch as I tried to cool off. Being pregnant sure did make simple tasks harder than they should be. I sighed as I rubbed my hand over my stomach. My baby bump was getting bigger and bigger everyday. Every once in awhile, I could feel my baby move inside of me. It would only be a matter of time before it would start to kick me. 

     My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a door opening down the hall. I glanced over to see Ivy walking out of the bedroom in her sports bra and boxers. She looked so hot in those.

     "Goodmorning baby!!" I squealed as I ran to hug her.

     "What time is it?" She mumbled as she ended the hug.