𝖎.𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌

HAVEN SAT AT THE BACK of the train, watching the Capitol fade into the distance

HAVEN SAT AT THE BACK of the train, watching the Capitol fade into the distance. Just a few weeks before she'd been on the same train, getting ready to fight for her life. Now she was on the other side, the first of many battles behind her.

The blonde was still looking out the window when she heard someone sit down next to her. She turned her head, finding Finnick looking out the window at the view of the Capitol. "For something so twisted, it's quite beautiful." The girl remarked. "Ever so poetic Cleary." Finnick chuckled, the girl lightly punching him in the arm.

The pair sat quietly for a few minutes, watching the skyline of the Capitol fade into the distance. Haven was the first to break the silence. "How did you do it?"

"Do what?" Finnick asked, tilting his head in confusion. "Go back to normal." She replied.

The boy smiled sadly at her. "You can try and pretend, but your life isn't ever going to be 'normal' again. Sorry, I know it's not what you wanted to hear."

"What am I supposed to do now?" The girl sighed. "Take it one day at a time. That's the only way I can do it." He responded, loosely grabbing her hand.

"All of us all went through it, me, Mal, Collin, Sebastian, Chlöe, Garrett, Mags. We're still going through it. There's not a lot of people out there that understand what you're about to go through, but we do."

"Thank you, Finnick. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this." She said, pulling him into a hug.

"Never." He said quietly, hugging her back.

The moon streamed in through the giant curtains, casting shadows across the room. The peaceful scene soon interrupted by Haven waking up screaming, her sleep plagued by a nightmare.

Sobs shook through the blonde's entire body, her cheeks wet with tears. She wrapped herself in a cardigan, before leaving her room. Haven walked down the hall, wiping her face dry with her sleeves.

She walked into the living area, surprised to see Mallory and Garrett still awake watching something on the TV, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Oh no. Come here, what's wrong?" Mallory said sympathetically, patting the couch next to her. Garrett stood up, kissing Mallory on the cheek. "I'll give you two some space. Goodnight babe." "Love you." Mallory called out as he left the room.

Haven sat down, Mallory immediately embracing her. "I didn't know you and Garrett..." She said, trailing off. "Yeah, we've been dating for a couple of years, but not a lot of people know. Don't want all the Capitol vultures in our business." She sighed.

"Enough about me. What happened? Nightmare?" Mallory said, switching the subject. "Yeah." The blonde responded. "I'm all too familiar with them." Her mentor said.