Chapter 33

MEMORY

I gasped for breath when I felt like losing it. I stare at the void in front of me— but my head is full of unknown memories, or memories that suddenly came back to me.

Aurora Calytrix. That was the name given to me, and Four was my codename. Hindi ko rin alam kung papaanong bigla ko ring naalala ang sa iba. Is this the kind of memory Seraphin was talking about?

One. Isis Topaz, the one in charge of the technology of the dimension.

Two. Tamonjie Buenavista, in charge of the dimension's protection system.

Three. Adara, she who gave birth to the energy of the dimension. Along the lands and nature.

Five. Ephraim, he who gave peace and comfort. The one who birthed to music and sound.

Six. Andrix, the one who drew the sky and light.

Seven. Illeasalis, the one who made the sun, and gave heat.

Eight. Caster, he who made the night and heat of stars. The one who put the dimension to its place.

Nine. Ezekiel, the architect. The one who draws everything inside the dimension. He who perfected the idea.

Ten. Kiyoshi, the overflowing water.

Natatandaan ko ang kanila, ngunit tila hindi ko matandaan ang akin. Ano nga ba ang dapat kong gawin?

"We're going to complete the dimension now, Four," napalingon naman ako nang biglang may tumawag sa pangalan ko. The moment I turned, the void started having colors, revealing the headquarters we were in.

"Now?" tanong ng isang babae. Her hair was stormy grey, and crimson red. All of a sudden, I recognized who she was. Tamonjie.

Napapikit ako, at huminga nang malalim. "And just let Zero take care of Callista?" sambit ko. Inside my mind, I raised my eyebrow. Hindi ko rin makontrol ang sarili kong katawan. Then this must probably be Rory's memory.

Anong ibig sabihin na let Zero take care of Callista?

"Let's just trust him, for now," sagot naman ni Adara. Napatingin ako sa t'yan niya at napansing buntis siya. I squinted my eyes inwardly.

"We need to finish the process now, Four. Or it will be too late for us," dagdag pa ng isa, Andrix, the one who looked like Lourd. "Darating na rin si Seraphin dito maya-maya—"

"He left Zero?" kaagad kong sabat.

"Utos niyang tapusin na ang dimension bago pa lumala ang lahat," this time it was ny brother, Kuya Nine. He sighed too, "I also have to protect Adara."

Protect Adara? Nagkaroon naman ako ng hypothesis sa utak ko. Is he the father of Adara's child? If that's the case, Nicolas might be his son! Kaya magkamukha sila!

"Then protect her. Kailangan ko ring protektahan si Zero, Kuya. Lalo pa't iniwan na ni Seraphin si Ze—"

"Don't be stubborn, Rory," inis na wika ng isa pang lalaki. Napalingon naman ako r'on at muntik nang mapaatras nang makakita ng kamukha ni Chastille. This is Caster… Chastille's father?

"We were tasked to create the dimension to protect everyone. Every peculiar," dagdag pa niya.

Umiling naman ako, "That must include Zero. Kung hindi natin s'ya mapoprotektahan— ang isang tao lang, pa'no natin mapoprotektahan ang lahat?"

"Stop being blinded by your love, Aurora," Ten sternly said. Pinanliitan niya pa ako ng mata, at binalikan ko naman siya ng masamang tingin.