Loser's curse

Play the song, babies!

"Woo! That was a great game." Jason said as we sat down for dinner.

"That's because you won!" Veronica commented as she picked up her spoon.

The score board which appeared out of thin air right after the game told us the ranking. Jason was followed by Lisa, me, Veronica and finally Liam.

Which meant that Liam could be a potential target tonight. I had to try and stop this Loser's curse before everyone was killed.

I searched my mind for people who had consistently been on top. For the first race, I came first followed by Lisa and Jason.

Then during the volleyball game, Lisa came first followed by Jason. Today. Jason scores the most, then Lisa.

Could it be one of them? Leaving Liam out, Veronica was the other suspect but she had underperformed a few times so it seems unlikely.

It could be almost any of the staff members, since none of them participated in the game except Jake for the volleyball game, it seemed unlikely.

But if I had learnt anything from binge watching detective shows, it was that you always know the culprit beforehand. It was almost always a person in plain sight.

But what motive did they have?

"Y/N, if you don't eat your food, I will, okay?" Lisa told me while shaking me by the shoulders.

I apologised and started eating. I had to stay close to Liam today but if people see me with him and something happened to him then I'll be the one to will be blamed like in Fallon's case.

After a filling dinner, we started moving back to our rooms. Veronica called to me and led me to the entrance of the hotel we were staying at.

"Sorry for calling you out here ... I just wanted to ask you about Lisa, she has been your friend for a long time, right?" She asked, looking around to check for eavesdroppers.

I nodded, puzzled as to where this conversation was headed.

"So why did she decline the option to come here alone? She came as your plus one." She asked, looking directly into my eyes.

"What do you mean by coming here alone?" I was extremely confused at this point. Was Veronica trying to frame Lisa or get an alibi right now? Or perhaps she was just asking.

"Her family was involved in the project so she was given an option to come on this trip free of all cost but she declined. But then you won that ticket and suddenly she decided to be your plus one. She told me on the first day."

Was she telling the truth? "Uhm... I don't know why she did that. Guess she just didn't want to come alone." I smiled at her and after two seconds yawned. "Sorry, I am very tired ... good night! See you around."

The conversation right now had confused me even more. Does this mean Lisa is innocent? If she wasn't planing on coming, she couldn't have done these murders which were so well planned.

But I couldn't let anyone off the hook right now. Anyway, I had to find Liam. He could be in real danger right now.

Ohhhh! Are you guys excited? Cause I am.

Thank you so much for reading! Please do vote and comment if you like the chapters!

Hugs and kisses from Cheonsa.