20

avani pov
*three months later*

it was 2 in the morning and i was standing at anthony's parents house, i was on the porch and it was raining like crazy. i stood there waiting for him to answer the door, i hoped he was still awake because i don't know what i'd do if we wasn't. id packed a little bag and flew to him.

"anthony reeves, i love you. like it's crazy how much i love you. so please don't leave me because if you do i will not know what to do. i love you so much that i was so scared to say it because i didn't even think you felt the same. it's scary how much i depend on you. the cuddles, the mcdonald's trips, the cartoon nights, the make out sessions, the talking time, the fact that you would do anything for me is so special to me. please. can you forgive me?

let me go back a bit, so i can explain why i was here and why i was apologizing. it started one month ago. i walked into hype house with amelie and anthony and payton was sitting down in the living room with everyone else. anthony and amelie went back to the car and i spoke to thomas. "why is he here?" i whispered shouted at thomas. thomas sighed "he's changed avani, he's over you and he's dating someone else." he says. i relax, "who?" he fidgets a bit "sydney.." he mutters. i laugh. "please keep him away from me" i say and then i turn to leave. i get to the door and i as i go to close it behind me i feel someone stop me.

payton is standing there and i freeze. "please avani can we talk." he says quietly. i gulp and nod. he turns to go inside. "no payton right here." he touches my arm and i push his arm away. he looks hurt...good for him.

"avani i know it sounds cliche but i promise i've changed. i'm in a happy relationship and i'm over you, if i understood how good i had it when i was dating you i would have never done what i did. i'm so sorry. i wasn't in the right frame of mind to be in a relationship. i see how happy you are with.. anthony and i'm happy for you. i gave you some space too because i know i hurt you and i'm sorry and if i could take it back i would. please avani i miss us being goofballs together and enjoying each other's company being friends." he says, he's on the verse of tears.

i sigh. "it's okay payton thank you for apologising and i forgive you. it'll take me some time but i want to be friends again, i miss you too." i admit. and that was my first mistake. we hug it out and then i run into the car and anthony and amelie both give me a look but don't say anything. anthony drives amelie home and when she closes the door behind her we start driving away.

"so you forgave him?" anthony says. i nod slowly. he scoffs. "avani he just wants to get in your pants, what don't you understand?" anthony replies clearly mad. "he respects our relationship and he only wants to be friends ant." i call back. anthony rolls his eyes. the car goes silent, the fait noises from outside "i'm your boyfriend, i can advise you to do shit but im not gonna force you avani. if you want to be his friend i'm not gonna say you can't." he says finally. "i do ant, i miss him." i say and that was another mistake i made.

my third mistake was getting close to payton, i'd meet to see him everyday. we'd watch movies, go out and eat, make tiktoks and funny snaps. to the point where i would see him more than anthony and amelie. of course this meant that they would hang out without me and spend all their time at sway avoiding me and payton. he stayed over every time that amelie or anthony didn't. we cuddled but i never cheated. i felt so empty but i didn't realise that it was because i wasnt hanging out with the two people that made me truly happy and i thought i could replace them that easily.

it was the 6th of June and i was out shopping for random shit for our anniversary when i saw anthony and amelie sitting down at a cafe there alone... she was laughing and flipping her hair because the gorgeous girl she is. flowers on the table and balloons on the chair. lots of bags do they must have been shopping together too. they were on a date. i thought immediately he was cheating on me with my bestfriend... and that was my yet another mistake of mine.