The Return Card

Their dinner lay on the table covered with a tray, while Sakura and Syaoran were sitting face to face in the drawing room.

He followed what she had asked of him, as she suggested she could be of help. All kinds of compromising situations found their way to his imagination and he looked away from her as much as possible, with his cheeks turning red. His eyes twitched as Sakura kneeled down before him with her bag beside her.

"Umm

"Umm... Don't you think we should take this to the bedroom?" He spoke awkwardly. Sakura looked at him with a confused expression. She took out a card from her bag and held it in her hand.

"A Card?" Syaoran looked at the card carefully. Sakura nodded.

"I am going to look into your memories, to find out what happened." Sakura explained.

"Oh... By help, you meant that?" Syaoran sighed.

"What did you think?" Sakura looked at him from the corner of her eyes.

"Nothing! Nothing! How did you learn to do that?" Syaoran tried to deviate the topic.

"Let's say, I tried this before." Sakura smiled. She held out her hand, asking for his. He kept his hand gently on hers and memories from the forbidden night started returning to Sakura's mind. She rearranged her focus to the card and closed her eyes, chanting her incantation.

"Help me gaze into the past, Return."

There was the sound of a bell, and the card in her hand glowed golden

There was the sound of a bell, and the card in her hand glowed golden. Gusts of wind started to blow. In a flash, their surroundings disappeared and a giant magic circle under her knees. Syaoran's vision grew blurry and he closed his eyes as he fell forward on Sakura's shoulder. Distant bells rung as Sakura closed her eyes, travelling into a dream state.

--

When Sakura opened her eyes, she looked around. She recognised the room from the time she had visited Hong Kong when she was little. She could see Syaoran's mother walk into his room, gracefully separating the blinds. Syaoran was sitting on the desk reading a book. She could tell from his face that he was just in high school.