The Storm

https://youtu.be/xqOwbUvjiHA

Sakura stood on the roof with her hand partially covering her forehead, holding on to the ledge tightly as she was being pushed behind by the gusts of wind. Yue's wings fluttered like the frail wings of a butterfly. His long hair swayed like moon serpents in the air.

"The eye is approaching from the south west. In that direction." Syaoran pointed out at the dark curtains of clouds that looked like the swirls of a tumultuous whirlpool.

"It won't be easy to fly in this weather." Yue held out his porcelain fingers to feel the strength of the wind.

"We'll have to try." Sakura looked up at Yue.

"Sakura... Do you know how you'll do this? Like... Have you thought of a plan?"

"I'm not sure... But I'll figure it out when I reach there."

He clenched his teeth. He knew she'd have such an answer to a situation like this.

"This is far too dangerous to attempt without a plan."

"Syaoran, Don't worry. I'll figure it out like I used to before. Kero and Yue are there to protect me. I need to do this, for Touya and for Yukito." She explained.

He looked away from her.

"It will be alright." Sakura smiled.

He looked at her in doubt. Was she saying that to console him or herself?

"Then let's get going." Kero roared as he motioned Sakura to sit on his back. She got up and held his shoulders firmly. His fur was soft and furry, like the coat of a cat that's been startled.

"Be careful." Syaoran looked at her as she braced herself. She looked back at him and nodded. He hadn't seen her this determined in a long time.

With a clap of thunder, Kero raised his magnanimous wings of the sun and hovered into the dark sky. Yue followed with the tassels of his cloak fluttering behind him.

Syaoran stood watching them as they struggled with flying against the wind.

"You won't help her?" Touya asked from the shadows behind him.

"If I could I would." Syaoran answered. His powers were weak, and at this point he would only be of nuisance to the others.

"Waiting is painful you know. But you obviously already know that." Touya's words stung like knives.

Syaoran's imagined a young Sakura waiting for his letters and phone calls, looking out of the school windows, hoping each day that he would reach out to her, hoping that they'd be together forever again. The thought of her innocence tugged on his heart.

The light whistle of the wind surrounded them as none of them spoke a word.

"But all we can do is wait. And hope that they'll be okay." He added.

Syaoran looked up at the horizon and nodded.

-

https://youtu.be/MvQYEvClTdI

All the roads were dark, there were only a few vehicles with flickering lights beside stores where people were closing the shutters in panic. People carried their pots and plants from the balconies and families were taking in street dogs to keep them safe.

The wavering speakers from the city hall blared with monotonous lines of warning, and every television was lit by the cyclone.

Keroberos jumped with a heavy thud from roof to roof, followed by Yue's graceful swift strides. While everyone was running back to their homes, huddling in safety; the three magical beasts struggled with flying.

They had to occasionally dodge the branches and twigs that flew their way. But the strength of the wind only made Sakura more determined.

-

The three of them stood looking at the raging seas from the coast. The lush trees wailed in protest and the wind howled an ominous cry. She had never heard anything like this before.

"Its coming." Yue spoke with an icy tone.

Sakura clenched onto her key and held it before her. She sent a prayer to her mother and unleased the key. A bright light beamed from the sand to the sky and a familiar staff formed in her hand. She looked at the glint of light on the metal rims of the staff and smiled.

https://youtu.be/x5LW7MFjGGw

"But how do we get to the eye? We will be flown off by the wind." Kero reasoned.

Sakura looked at the dark abyss of the sea.

"I have an idea. Jump!"

With wings on her legs, she jumped onto the surface of the water. With swift darts, like the touch of a little fairy, she moved forwards. But the ocean's waves heaved her into the waters and pushed her back to the coast.

"Its no use." Yue spoke thoughtfully.

As Sakura got up and dusted the sand off her skirt, Kero galloped towards the sea and tried to push through the wind, only to be left exhausted after a while. Sakura looked up at the dense clouds above and pondered.

"Kero, Yue, I have a plan."

-

https://youtu.be/GdWeaPHkGZs

As the winds fluttered their cloaks, Sakura raised her staff up to the sky.

"Jump!" She chanted.

Four wings appeared from light on the paws of Kero's legs. She got up on Kero's back and brought forward her hand for Yue's hand. Hesitantly he gave his hand, and held her's firmly.

She took out a card from her purse and raised it to the fluttering wind. She closed her eyes and whispered an order. She released the card into the wind and pointed at it with the staff.

"Windy."

With a bell, the card illuminated, and strong wings began to flow. The spirit of the card unfurled her wings and flew up straight to the sky building a wind tunnel to the clouds. Kero and Yue walked up to the center of the tunnel and positioned themselves.

Kero crouched back and growled like a wild cat in the jungle. After a deliberate pause, he jumped with all the force he could muster, sending them flying up into the sky.

Yue with his hand held tightly trailed behind them looking at the ground as they rocketed up to the clouds. The guiding gusts of the windy card pushed them higher and higher, till they crossed the foggy dark clouds rumbling with thunder and floated to the calm skies above the cloud cover.

Sakura held her card once they reached the still layer. Yue flapped and floated beside them as the winds were calmer and more peaceful. The sun had not set here, and she could see the brilliance of the illuminated clouds in colors of orange and pink.

"There. The eye." Kero spoke as he looked to the distance.

"Let's go." Sakura commanded.

Cards of TomorrowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara