The Watery, the Freeze and the Sheild

The storm raged furiously as the Erase Card struggled to envelop the eye into its void. With another failed attempt, the card floated back to Sakura who was standing beside Kero and Yue, at a distance from the circling eye. It was getting tougher for them to resist the winds that could push them in unpredictable directions.

"My powers aren't strong enough." Sakura sighed.

"You're trying to face the rage of the skies. It won't be easy." Yue reasoned.

"We're running out of time. What should we do?" Kero panicked.

"What if I try the freeze card again?"

"Only stupid people try the same thing expecting something different." Yue spoke coldly.

"It did freeze the bottom a little..."

Sakura looked at the swirling rings of the cyclone, swishing around in harmony. On her way to the sea, she felt the thrill that was missing all this time, but it only led her to a dead end. She felt as if she was finally becoming the cardcaptor she once was, but facing this challenge could end up being a futile effort.

They had to act quickly, and if she didn't think of a way to stop this storm, she wouldn't be able to help her brother. More importantly, she would be no different than the average, unenthusiastic adult she was in the past few years.

"The kid was right. We need a plan." Kero sighed.

All the times she faced off against a card, Syaoran was always there to help her. He would tell her what to do, protect her when she would be beaten down, and would calm her, even in the face of danger. She felt a light tug in her heart.

"The kid is not here right now. We need to focus on the problem. We can solve this ourselves." Yue was looking at Sakura from the corner of his eye and placed his hand on her shoulder. Sakura nodded.

She looked at the storm thoughtfully and glided through her memories searching for an answer. After a brief pause she turned towards her guardians.

'The freeze card did work... But it couldn't hold the wind... If only there was water...', She pondered for a while.

"Yue... Its not a plan... But you need to trust me on this..." She spoke diligently.

Kero and Yue listened attentively.

-

The thunder rumbled and the winds grew more violent. Sakura stood above the clouds with wings clasped on her back. Yue and Kero stood with tense shoulders, hoping this would work.

https://youtu.be/ytMYXCVIpf4

Sakura lifted herself a little, then dived downwards to the sea. As she crossed the clouds, the winds almost threw her off but the speed with which she raced straight down along with the pull from the earth kept her path locked.

She flew straight with precision until she almost reached the surface of the sea, where she took a sharp turn to fly parallel to the ocean, splashing the waters with the force of her landing. She let the circling winds sift through her feathers, flying circular around the eye, following the natural course of the wind.

She took out a card and held it tightly in her hand and called out its name.

"Watery!"

A golden circle illuminated the base of the cyclone and a blue spirit emerged from the magical winds that blew. The Watery flew in circles around the eye, making a whirlpool above the sea, covering the column of air, connecting the sea and the sky in azure. Sakura flew in circles around the whirlpool making sure it enveloped the eye of the storm.

Once the magic whirlpool spun merging with the winds, she flew through it to enter the center as she knew the storm would envelop the calm core. Once in the center, standing close to the surface of the water, she took out another card.

"Freeze!"

The magic circle lit up the giant colum of water and Yue understood that this was his cue. He flew down to position himself at a suitable distance from the turbulence.

With the call of the card, the Freeze covered the water, starting from the bottom, bit by bit to the top. With ice spreading higher and higher, the foggy mists followed making the air blurry.

Yue brought forward his hand and the bow of the moon appeared before him. Skillfully he pulled the string, and an illuminated arrow appeared. He stood with his shoulders poised gracefully as his cat eyes surveyed the best time to strike.

The ice completely enveloped the whirlpool and the giant column lightly let out the hints of small cracks. He noticed a shield envelop the base of the column, he knew that Sakura had used the shield and would be safe.

With a sliver of grace, he released the arrow which struck the frozen waters and drew giant cracks onto its surface in an instant. With a crash, the ice broke into a thousand pieces that looked like tiny diamonds floating in the sky.

But something was wrong, Yue clenched his teeth in panic as he saw that even after all this, the eye was still circling inside. The shield flickered and disappeared and he knew she was in trouble.

"Sakura!" Yue tried moving closer.

Keroberos came swooping down from the skies, pushing bravely against the winds. He surveyed all around looking for his master but the fog had made it too difficult to see.

As he struggled to get closer to the sea, he saw her pink staff in the distance. Pushed by the oceans, he rushed to her, held her by the back of the dress with his teeth and flew up into the sky.

Yue picked her up and gave Kero the staff to hold. Her cheeks were cold as ice and she couldn't open her eyes out of exhaustion.

"The typhoon... It will pick up speed as it reaches the coast..." Kero looked at the weakened twister.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Let's take her home."

As Kero and Yue glided across the sea, Sakura tugged onto Yue's cloak tightly and hid her face into his chest. Yue looked down at her to realise that she was sobbing quietly.

-

https://youtu.be/JIk10C4Isoc

In a cottage near the sea, a figure walked up to the window. The glass rattled and the sky was overcast with dark clouds. Rough waves heaved into the sand and darkness enveloped the night. Even though the cyclone hadn't hit the beach, the winds were already howling catastrophe.

The woman looked at the distant horizon, where the clouds looked the most tumultuous, the eye of the cyclone. The darkness seemed like it could engulf the entire beach in an instant and rip apart her home from the middle, but she stood looking outside, with her hair drifting in the wind, unafraid, almost as if she was surveying something.

She closed her eyes, and after a deliberate pause she opened them. They were glowing with envy.

"I can sense them again. The Clow Cards."

-

Author's Note

The consequence of the climax might have sounded a little odd with respect to Sakura's determination in trying to tackle the typhoon. But I have an explanation why it turned out this way.

Let me know what you think why I chose this ending, also if you want me to explain it. The next episode is the last chapter of this story. I can't believe its coming to an end. (ㄒoㄒ)

ALSO. Finally a suspicious magical being has surfaced. ╮(╯▽╰)╭