Ch 2

Commander Hill gathered most of The Avengers in the living room of the renovated Avengers Tower since the new plans for the fallen Avengers Compound are still in development. All of them confused as to why this impromptu meeting is taking place. Some coming from training, eating, or just relaxing.

"What's going on, Hill?" Steve asks the woman as they all start taking seats or stand around.

"My orders were to get you guys here. We need to wait for Fury." She says making them even more confused.

"Is it a parade? A "thank you for defeating Thanos" parade?" Tony asks making some of them chuckle.

"No Stark it isn't a parade. But it may cause some commotion." She mumbles the last part as she looks down crossing her arms across her chest.

The team then hears footsteps approaching along with muffled voices making them turn to that direction as they clear up.

They see Fury with a woman by his side. In her possession, what looked like a jet pack of some kind and another black bag.

When they get a good look, two certain team members eyes widen when realization hits.

"What the hell is she doing here?!" Was heard from two different people.

Sam and Clint look at one another confused. Making the rest of the team do the same.

"You know her?" They ask each other.

"Yes!" They say still at the same time.

"How?"

They both pause for a second to let the other speak.

"SHIELD." "Military." They say at the same time making everyone turn to me.

"Who are you?" Captain America asks with furrowed eyebrows and crossed arms.

"Someone who can give those birds a flight for their money." I shrug with a cock of my head.

"Don't you mean run?" Iron Man or Tony Stark raises an eyebrow.

"Nope." I pop the 'p' as I grab a green apple from the fruit bowl that was on the table nearby.

Not wanting to put up with this Clint grabs his bow shooting an arrow at the apple but seemingly to the woman.

"Clint!"

I catch the arrow with ease not even looking at it then pluck it in the apple myself using it as a handle, taking a big bite from the fruit while I look up over at Clint to see him clench his jaw with a glare.

Leaving everyone else stunned.

"I wasn't expecting a parade but I was hoping for a 'Welcome Back'." I tell him and he scoffs.

"Fury are you out of your damn mind?" Clint asks looking over at him motioning his arm out at me while I take another bite of my apple unfazed.

"I'm with Clint on this one. She's not Avenger material." Sam says with a shake of his head and I scoff making them look at me.

"Please. Like this is a dream team. Weren't you all at each other's throats because of that accordion not that long ago?" I ask pointing between them with my apple arrow.

"Accordion? You mean the Sokovian Accords?" A man I know as War Machine asks.

"Look guys, you don't know her but we do. She's a traitor! She- she only thinks about herself. She even deserted the military! She shouldn't wear that uniform!" Sam stammers waving off at my black uniform that was on my body.

"That is very disrespectful." Captain America says seriously.

"Is that supposed to strike a nerve Uncle Sam?" I ask raising a brow taking another bite.

"Besides I didn't abandon the military, I was discharged." I add the correction with a wave of my finger while I chew.

"On what grounds?" The Winter Soldier asks.

"Why does this matter?" I exasperate not understanding the point.

"Because we don't allow just anyone to be an Avenger." Cap says and I chuckle making everyone confused.

"I don't care about the Avengers! I'm not even here to become an Avenger." I explain with an amused scoff.

"Then?" Wilson asks expectantly.

"I'm here to do some dirty work you guys aren't up too. What can I say, Fury doesn't think you're on my level." I shrug taking another bite of my apple.

"Now that is not what I said." Fury says looking at me.

"Yeah, we're on a higher level. You know, the whole Thanos thing, that was us." Stark says motioning between all of them.

"Yeah, you guys didn't get it done the first time. I don't have those kind of issues." I say chewing on my really good apple.

"Yeah, you're not staying here." He shakes his head.

"Oh trust me I don't wanna. I don't need to stay in a place where some will most likely want to hurt me in my sleep." I say looking at Sam and Clint.

"Oh not just in your sleep." Sam retorts.

"I don't know why I'm being pinpointed like a bad guy. I've done good." I scoff not allowing myself to get ganged up on.

"Like what?" Bruce Banner asks expectantly breaking his silence.

I open my mouth but then close it as I look down in thought.

"Oh! No..."

"Back in '07..Nevermind..can't legally talk about that."

"Oh, got it! I didn't stay with HYDRA for too long." I nod looking up and they look in disbelief.

"You worked for HYDRA?" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff questions. 

"Did you not just hear me? Not that long. I needed something and they needed someone out of the way in return. And to be fair he was a bad dude." I make clear and they don't look impressed.

"But anyways, I also don't need to be on a team that I can easily beat with no weapons to begin with." I add finishing my apple.

"Is that a challenge?" Barton speaks up making me smirk as I throw the apple core away in a nearby trash can.

"Of course." I shrug.

"This is going according to plan." Hill speaks up sarcastically.

"Hand to hand, no powers or weapons." I step forward and Clint does the same making his way from across the room.

"I'll take that challenge." He responds.

"I think we all would." Wilson says looking around the room of heroes and I shrug.

"Sure. I don't have anything to lose. You guys on the other hand, might want to reevaluate your whole careers." I say making them all look at one another.