Ch 5

2 Days Later

I walked through the New York SHIELD base dragging a huge bag on the floor. Getting a couple of glances from other agents as I passed by. Fury and Hill walk up to me.

"2 days. Just like I said." I huff looking at the one eyed man.

"I thought discreetness was one of your specialties." Hill points out.

"What? I thought this was good enough." I motion down to the huge bag that was labeled 'Laundry'.

Bateman shuffles roughly in the bag like a fish out of water. I kick the bag hard with my right leg making him stop with a painful groan.

"So where can I drop off my dirty laundry?" I ask with a huff.

"To an interrogation room. Down that hall, third door from the left." Fury motions to my right and I roll my eyes dragging the bag.

I get to the interrogation room and untie the strings of the bag revealing a restrained, beat Derrick Bateman.

"You're a lot heavier than you look." I say plopping him down on the chair.

"I- had a big breakfast." He groans sarcastically making me crack a small smile.

"You got jokes, man." I shake my head with a slight chuckle and he glares darkly at me.

"My people are coming for me." He threats.

"Buddy, I blew them up somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico." I scoff and his eyes widen slightly.

"I had 15 minutes to kill." I shrug.

"Well, I'm not one to forget a face. I will get outta here and kill your family. That's a promise." He threatens making me sigh.

I pull a gun out making sure I have bullets in the magazine before popping it back in and aim it at him making his eyes really widen now.

"Wai-

BANG! BANG!...BANG!

I whistle softly tucking my gun back in my waistline and make my way to the dead body slumped back in the chair and start checking what valuables he had.

"Watch? Cool *stuffs in pocket*...wedding ring? Gross *stuffs in pocket anyway*...Wallet?..Really? No cash?" I huff finally stepping back and go back to my whistling as I leave the room mindlessly.

"You know, we were planning on asking him some questions." Cap says with his arms crossed over his chest making me turn to see him, Wilson, and Romanoff.

"Yeah I know. Fury handed me a copy of your script." I roll my eyes before reaching into my pocket, pulling out a tape recorder.

"Here are your answers. I'll need it back. Thanks." I say handing it over to the overrated super soldier.

"Now, you guys can make yourselves useful and clean up...that." I trail off nodding back towards the room then walk away.

Steve sighs and presses play on the tape recorder.

"I'm on the highway to hell!...Highway to hell!"

They hear yelling/singing along with the band AC/DC.

"Is this a joke?!" Wilson asks from down the hall making me turn around.

"Fast forward a bit! My song was on!" I call back before I continue to walk.

As I make my way to leave the building I pass by a vending machine and simply couldn't resist. I pop a few bucks in and as my eyes scan what the machine had to offer I stop when I see a reflection of someone standing behind me and we make eye contact.