Ch 10

I take a deep breath with a small shake of my head while I run a hand through my hair. I walk over to a medical tray that had some cloth wraps and pain meds. As I grab the wrap and start to unroll some to rewrap my bicep my eyes wonder to the other silver medical tray beside it and see the bloody bullet that was extracted from my arm.

I set the cloth wrap down and grab the bullet to get a closer look while I make my way to the sink, turning the faucet on and running the small piece of metal under the running water, rubbing my fingers against it to clean it. The blood running off my fingers and bullet, mixing with the clear water as it goes down the drain. Shutting the water off, I bring the bullet up to the light.

As I start to get a closer look, hearing a knock on the door and it opening makes me grab a paper towel to dry my hands with a clear of my throat. I turn to see Fury walk in. I throw the paper towel away and nonchalantly put a hand in my pocket.

"Fury, didn't expect to see you." I say bringing my hand back out, leaving the bullet behind inside my pocket.

I then notice Fury has a Subway bag and two drinks making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Thought you'd be hungry." He says making my eyebrows raise in slight surprise.

Flashback

After the attempted hit on Fury, despite his adamant protests he was taken to the medical bay to make sure he was alright. I was now in front of the door with food in hand and it opens, nurse Helen Cho coming out.

"Hey Cho. How's the old man?" I ask.

"He's fine, minor scraps here and there." She tells me and I nod.

"Well imma see him." I say then carefully open the door with my hands full, stepping inside.

"Hey, Fury." I greet and he turns to me.

"You're the last person I expected to see." He chuckles slightly as he's sitting on the medical bed.

"Yeah, well, thought you'd be hungry...cafeteria was low on food right now." I shrug coming in further with the two separate Subway bags and two drinks.

"Italian B.M.T with extra salami, pepperoni, and ham with a Coke." I say handing him a bag and drink and he slowly takes them.

I place my food on a table and lean against a wall. I then unwrap my sandwich.

"What'd you get?" Fury asks curiously.

"Chicken Bacon Ranch, extra chicken, bacon, and ranch." I say taking a bite.

Fury also unwraps his sandwich and takes a bite, then takes a sip of his drink clearing his throat as he swallows.

"There's rum in this Coke." He says and my eyes slightly widen.

"My bad, must've given you the wrong one." I say going to step forward to grab it.

"Well I already drank from it." He says making me chuckle and hold a hand up stepping back.

"Gonna gloat now?" Fury asks taking another bite of his sandwich.