Ch 9

I slowly open my eyes with a groan, feeling a slight headache.

"Uggh fuck." I huff as my eyes start to focus around my surroundings.

I'm laying on a bed in a private medical room. A minor hiss escapes my lips when I try to sit up on the bed. My bottom half is untouched but I'm left now in a sports bra and my lower ribs are wrapped up along with my right arm. I unwrap my arm to take a look for myself then wince.

Stitches.

I sigh throwing my legs over the side of the bed sitting up. I shake my head trying to remember what happened last, then remember Clint. I get down from the bed cringing a bit but nonetheless leave the room with a minor limp as the pain and soreness has settled in the muscles of my body.

As I step outside the door I look over to the right and see my former seat down the hall along with some of the Avengers and Hill. I slowly make my way over, not to speak with them but to look for Strange or walk into Clint's to see him for myself.

Mr.America sees me, says something making the rest look my way as well. Hill is the one that comes forward and I internally groan as this isn't going to go well.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Maria asks me in a not necessarily happy tone.

"Any update on Barton?" I grip my ribs, with a wince.

"You need to be resting." She tells me.

"Don't ignore my question." I shake my head.

"You ignored mine." She retorts making me clench my jaw.

I go to walk around her but she places a hand on my upper chest stopping me. I look down at it then at her with a raised eyebrow to which she rolls her eyes in return lowering her hand.

"You lost a lot of blood. You have bruised ribs and fresh stitches in your arm which shouldn't be unwrapped. You need to be laying down doing nothing." She says seriously.

"Well Agent Hill, thanks for your concern but quite frankly, I don't care. Because I need to check on Clumsy Clint." I shake my head.

"It's Commander Hill." She corrects making me clench my jaw but then release an airy chuckle.

"You're not my commander." I scoff and she shakes her head.

"Are we really gonna start this right now?-

"You're the one that came over-

" 'Cause your ass is supposed to be in bed-

"My ass was fine in the chair-

"You passed out from blood loss!-

A clear of a throat is heard stopping us and we turn to see Dr.Strange.

"Finally! Someone who's actually useful." I say and make my way over to the sorcerer.

"How's Clint? He's okay right?" I ask him and he takes a deep breath.

"All his vitals are normal." He nods.

"Great. Is he awake? Does he need anything?" I then ask and Strange's expression then changes to a hesitant one.

"Clint's physical vitals are normal, but...he's still unconscious, unresponsive." He explains slowly and my eyebrows furrow.

"What? That doesn't add up Strange-

"I know-

"I dragged you away from listening to Beyoncé for this? I thought you were supposed to be the best?" I scoff shaking my head.