I

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"let's see, uh, you could sing 'crank the party'?" andré asked as he tapped his guitar.

"nooo," my sister groaned.

"okay, you wanna sing 'california midnight'?"

"nooo," tori repeated. "wait- yes!"

"yes?"

"nooo!"

"come on, you sing that pretty good."

"pretty good- pretty good isn't good enough! pretty good means helen is gonna hate it! we gotta be pretty fuckin' fantastic!" tori yelled.

i leapt up from the couch. "what are you bugging about?"

"the principal at hollywood arts is leaving, and we have a new principal: helen. and she's making us all re-audition or we're gonna get kicked out of school!" my sister explained frantically.

i sat down at the table. "okay, well you got into that school without even auditioning, i'm sure you'll make it." i shrugged.

"you need some hot cocoa." andré got up from his seat and grabbed the whistling kettle from the stove.

"hey! you know what?" tori said, slapping my hand.

i frowned and slapped my sister back. "excuse you!"

she ignored me and carried on speaking. "you should audition to get into hollywood arts!" she suggested, excitedly.

i chuckled. "yeah, not gonna happen..."

"come on, tati! you're such a good singer! i've heard you! you can audition with andré and i as a group! we could take make it shine and like, we could-" tori babbled before being interrupted by our older sister.

"hi-ya!" i turned round to see trina in her karate gear, kicking a punch mannequin.

"trina! we are trying to pick a song to audition with!"

"you are trying to pick a song to audition with-" i murmured. "i'm not involved." tori shot me a look.

"and i'm trying to practice hurting people." trina replied and continued kicking the dummy.

"uh, tt, shouldn't you be working on your audition?" i asked.

"yeah?" andré agreed.