VI

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"so, what's up?" i asked, putting my hands in my pockets awkwardly.

"you. me. nozu. tommorow night." jade ordered.

"did jade west just ask me out on a date?" i gasped jokingly, even though my insides were twisting up into a knot.

"no. of course not." jade rolled her eyes, but her cheeks brightened up a bit. "no. i have a boyfriend. don't get excited." like i don't know that. one that flirts with other girls behind your back, but still a boyfriend.

"mhm, okay, so why are you asking- no,
more like demanding actually-" i laughed, "why are you demanding me to go out with you on friday?"

"so we can be fr- fr-"

"friends?" i raised my eyebrows.

"right. that's the word. friends." she nodded, pointing her finger.

"alright. i'm sure i can fit you into my schedule, love."

jade scoffed. "if you're going to be annoying, don't bother."

"okay- okay. i'm sorry. i was kidding. anyways, is that the only reason you wished to speak to me?"

there was silence. "well, actually- no. who was that song about? because i know for a fact it's not about your freaking dog."

i tapped the side of my nose and walked off. "that's for me to know and you to find out!"

she to crossed her arms and huffed. "i'm going home."

"you mean back to 505?"
'i'm going back to 505, if it's a seven hour flight or a forty five minute drive,'

"clever." jade sneered, flipping me off.

"see you tomorrow!" i shouted.

✄

i sat in nozu the next evening, my feet dangling from the stools as i waited for jade and my beverage.

i took a sip of my green tea that was just brought to me and frowned. "hey, what makes green tea green?" i asked the waiter.

"ah. ancient japanese secret." he smiled.

"come on dude, you can tell me."

"i just did." the waiter replied, picking up a box from under the counter. "that's the brand of green tea we use." he rolled his eyes before walking away.

"oh." i chuckled.

i dug into my pocket to reach my buzzing phone. it was tori. she had gone crazy when i had told her that i was meeting up with jade tonight.

7:26pm

tori🎤
_

how is it going
what's happening
is jade there yet
has she murdered you
i cant believe this

first of all, yeah i'm good
thanks for asking
second of all nothing is happening
third of all she isn't here yet so she can't have murdered me yet
and i can tell you can't believe this because you keep texting me every 5 minutes
now plz give it a rest

fine but keep me in the loop
[opened at 7:29pm]
tati?
[opened at 7:30pm]
ugh
[opened at 7:30pm]

"okay, i'm here." jade said, sitting down next to me and putting her hand at down.

"finally." i said.

"well, can we order? i'm fucking starving."

"maybe if you were here earlier-"

"oh god, fuck off." jade said, not needing a menu as we already knew exactly what we both wanted to order.

as the night went on, we talked and got to know eachother more but i could tell jade still wasn't opening up. i mean i know she obviously didn't like me in that way, but i still wanted to let her at least think of me as a friend.

"how about you see if you can manage to say one thing nice about me?" i asked, putting down my chopsticks and turning to the raven-haired girl.

"uh... okay." jade looked up and pretended to rack her brain. "your singing... isn't- awful."

"thanks so much." i said sarcastically, taking another sip of my green tea.

"okay, well, let's hear you say something nice about me." she crossed her arms.

"sure. i admire how you're never afraid to say what you think."

"that's so stupid."

"see?"
west rolled her eyes and sighed, picking at her rice. "your turn again."

"uh- i guess, some people might say, that  from certain angles, you're pretty."
i smiled and my heart did a backflip.
"you could say i'm pretty." she started.

"you are pretty." i nodded, and i meant it.

jade looked at me and it looked like we were about to share a moment, until we were interrupted by two boys, strutting towards us.

"uh-oh! babe sandwich. whoa!" they grinned, squeezing themselves in next to us.

oh great.

"uh- guys, we really want to hang out alone."

"we are alone. just the four of us!" one of the boys said and they fistbumped. "badoink!"

"oh my god..." jade and i said simultaneously, dreading whatever was to come.