Chapter 6: The End Of A Life

Welcome back everyone! A new week and a new chapter, i'm sorry about ending on cliffhangers so much, so i'll make this short, this chapter was beta read by Joelitos09 buddyman4925 and DarkZ19_05, now please, enjoy it.

3 days had passed. 3 long, frustrating days in the sewers, the worry that Y/N felt for the outside world slowly consuming his mind, but now it was finally time for him to leave, Cerebella left daily to get food but refused to tell him anything about the situation outside, or how she acquired food without money, Y/N had a pretty good guess but decided not to question further.

Y/N: Ahh, it feels so good to finally stretch.

Y/N got up and stretched for the first time in 3 days, his bones cracking in a satisfying manner.

Cerebella: Are you sure you're ok? We can stay here longer if you need to.

Y/N: Don't worry Bella, I'm fine really. But I need to see what's going on outside.

The last few days have been tough, not only he couldn't move and had to constantly pay attention to Forte's teachings, and the recent tremors he heard from up above did not help.

Cerebella: Well, if you say so.

She said, slightly bummed out by not being able to nurse Y/N any longer, but trusting they could deal with anything up above.

Forte: Well if we're gonna go outside already you two need to hide yourselves. Cerebella, did you get what I asked.

Cerebella: Yep!

Forte spoke from Y/N's shoulder, at his command Cerebella showed two cloaks, one in each hand.

Cerebella: Here's yours, please be careful.

She handed the other teen one of the cloaks, looking at him in slight worry as he put it on, once he was finished, she started to dress her own, Y/N took the chance to touch his "badge" on his shoulder, at first lightly rubbing the new area on his shoulder, seeing that it was hard as metal he lightly flickered it, getting an answer from Forte.

Forte: Hey watch it!

Y/N: Sorry.

He quickly replied, still not used to having a part of his body replaced with metal, Forte's original form was the badge, however, he could form a clone body away from it, just another thing for Y/N to be impressed with at his father's creation.

Cerebella: All done!

Cerebella was finished changing, the cloak and it's hood covering all but it's face.

Forte: Well, we should get going now.

He disappeared from the teen's shoulder, going back into his main body.

Y/N: Forte's right, we shouldn't stay here any longer.

There was a bit of a quiver in his voice, something Cerebella noticed.

Cerebella: Y/N. Are you okay with this? Are you sure you want to go back up to New Meridian.

Y/N hesitated, but he still nodded with resolve.

Y/N: I'm ready.

She still looked dubious, but decided to let him go, both walking towards the sewer's stairs, Y/N was about to start climbing but he was interrupted by Cerebella.

Cerebella: Wait! Let me go first, I don't want anything happening to you.

There was a strange eager smile on her face as she said that, Y/N saw the eagerness as a wish to protect him, unfortunately for her, he would not let her get hurt, not to protect him, or any other situation.