Chapter 7: The New Status Quo

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, this IS in fact a new chapter out of schedule, why? Well, the story has reached 1k reads as you know, not only that but it's first in the Marie tag! Sorry to any Splatoon fans out there but out of the 2.2k stories mine's first! This story has also become fourth in the Skullgirls tag! Sorry Cafe Noir, but i'm reaching for that number 1! But honestly i'm just happy i beat the self insert story that was right above Double Soul in the ranks, it was annoying me quite a bit to be beaten by a badly written self insert to be honest, but well, i won't keep you any longer, Thank you! For everything and enjoy the free chapter! (Which was beta read by Joelitos09DarkZ19_05 and buddyman4925 as usual)

 7 Years Later

It had been 7 years since the incident with Dahlia, ever since then Cerebella and Y/N had gone into hiding from the Medici, changing their last names and moving out of the more populated areas of New Meridian, but thankfully, they were able to eventually find their footing in a new life.

???: Good evening everyone, and thanks for tuning in to the 5 o'clock Canopy Kingdom News.

A reporter in the tv spoke, a now grown up Cerebella who was watching it in boredom from a wooden table said.

(She does not have the diamond tattoo here since she is not part of the Medici)

Cerebella: Y/N is it still not done?

She cried, to which the boy turned man responded.

Y/N: Almost!

She supported her head on her arms and turned towards the tv once again in boredom, Vice-Versa on her head imitating her every move.

Reporter: I'm Rachel Wong, reporting from our studio in the nation's capital, Canopolis. Frank has the night off.

The now named Rachel announced.

Rachel: In our top story today, the number of dead keeps rising in new Meridian as new bodies were found this morning once again, New Meridian citizens are still advised to stay indoors, remain vigilant and report anything suspicious. On a new discovery, our sources within the NMPD have discovered that the dead seem to be connected to the prestigious Medici family, Lorenzo Medici, the most prominent of this powerful clan, has withdrawn from the public spotlight and is believed to have gone into hiding.

Cerebella: Coward.

Cerebella spat with venom.

Rachel: While expected, the core of our nation is once again shaken as the number of bodies keeps piling up. But we will not be defeated! And we will stand strong against the enemies of peace who commit such atrocities. In related Royal news, the eldest daughter of the deceased queen Nancy and king Franz "Trinity bless their soul"