Not For Him

When Sam said he wanted to go back to the Queen Mary, Colby was shocked. He was even more shocked when he said he specifically wanted to return to Room B-340. They both agreed to never go back there, but what they recorded last time apparently wasn't enough proof for Sam, he needed more and he was insistent on going back. Sam told Colby that he was gonna go on his own, but obviously Colby wasn't gonna let that happen.

The two boys arrived at the Queen Mary that night and anxiously walked up to Room B-340. Sam specifically wanted to do another séance to see if they could reach out to the same thing they did last time.

Colby sat on the floor patiently as Sam took the supplies out of his bag and spread them out in preparation for the séance. Once he finished, he put his bag on a chair and he sat down across from Colby on the other side of the candles. They were about to join hands when they were interrupted by Sam's cellphone.

"It's Kat," said Sam. "I better take this, I'll be right back."

"I'll be here," said Colby.

Sam walked out of the room, raising his phone to his ear and shutting the door behind him. Colby sat patiently, waiting for Sam to come back when he suddenly felt a sudden wave of cold air. He rubbed his arms lightly, looking around the room to see where it could be coming from. None of the widows were open, and they had already set the air in the room to where they wanted. Colby started to shiver as he watched the candles in front of him blow out.

He was very confused and soon he felt a searing pain in his head, he brought his hands to his head and began to thrash around. He stood up weakly and leaned against the wall for support, one hand still on his head. Colby then stood upright, but this time it wasn't Colby, it was something else. Colby's eyes became pitch black and an evil smile spread across his face. They were hoping to contact the same demon from their last trip and they succeeded.

"Well, I was hoping you boys would come back," said Colby, but not in his usual voice, this voice was much deeper than Colby's, more sinister. "To be honest with you, I'd have preferred blondie, but I guess I'll settle for you." The demon then heard the door click behind him. That sinister grin came back across his face. "Speak of the devil."

"Okay Colby, are you ready?" asked Sam. The demon stood still with his back to Sam. Sam looked towards him confused. "Colby, you good?"

The demon slowly turned around, and before Sam could react he was thrown against the wall of the room. He tried to move but something was keeping him there, almost like invisible chains. He watched as the body of his best friend moved towards him, his hand outstretched and a sinister grin on his face.

Sam struggled to get lose but the demons grip was firm, he looked the thing up and down, and chills ran down his body as he looked into its glossy black eyes, this was the body of his best friend, but it definitely wasn't him.

"Colby?!" asked Sam.

"Oh don't worry," said the demon, moving slowly towards Sam, who was still pinned against the wall. "Colby is still here and he's gonna watch while I rip you apart."

The demon kept one hand outstretched, keeping Sam in his position, he raised his other hand and tried to bring it down towards Sam, but something had stopped it mid-air. The demon tried to advance but was forcefully flung to the other side of the room. As soon as he hit the wall, his grip was released and Sam was dropped. He immediately turned his attention to his best friend, who was now on his hands and knees, his head thrashing. When the thing lifted its head, Sam looked into the terrified eyes of his best friend. Sam began to advance.

"No Sam, stay back," said Colby, putting his hand out. Sam could see Colby fighting to take control of that thing inside of him, it was taking all of his will power.

His head thrashed again and his eyes were now black, with the familiar sinister grin. "No, come closer, my boy," said the demon.

"Sam, you need to run, go!!" cried Colby concerned.

"No, I'm not leaving you Colby!!" yelled Sam.

"Then you're a fool," replied the demon. "And so is your friend, you can't fight me."

"Watch me bitch," replied Colby.Sam watched in shock as Colby and his literal inner demon had a heated conversation with one another. Watched as Colby switched between himself and the demon inside him.

"You are mine," replied the demon.

"I won't let you hurt him," replied Colby.

"You're not strong enough," replied the demon. "You're too weak.

"Not for him," said Colby sternly. "Never for him."

"I'll make sure he suffers," replied the demon.

"Not on my watch," replied Colby.

Sam cocked an eyebrow and quickly rose to his feet and approached to the other side of the room. The demon tried to jerk forward after him, but this time, Colby had a firm grip on him.

"Don't even think about it," said Colby. "Sam, I don't know how long I can hold him."

"Hang on Colby, just a little longer," replied Sam rummaging through his bag. He quickly returned back to the shaking form of his best friend still on the ground. The demon looked up at Sam evilly.

"His body is slowly losing its strength," laughed the demon. "If you perform an exorcism, you'll kill him.

"Who said anything about an exorcism?" replied Sam.

The demons smile disappeared as Sam threw a bottle of Holy Water over the demon, who began to scream and thrash harder than before. Sam backed away in fear, watching as his best friends body shook viciously and then went limp. Colby was lying face down on the floor. Sam slowly approached him.

"C-Colby," stuttered Sam, approaching the body cautiously. He flinched back as Colby quickly bolted up.

"Colby is that you?" asked Sam.

"Yea, yea it's me," replied Colby. "You did it Sam. Thank you."

"No, thank you Colby," replied Sam. Sam instantly dropped the empty bottle in his hand and fell to his knees to wrap his best friend in his arms. Colby hugged him back.

"Colby I'm sorry," said Sam, sobbing into the brunette's shoulder. "So sorry,"

"It's ok," said Colby. "We're okay."

Sam and Colby quickly packed up their stuff, determined to get out of that room once and for all. This time, they swore on their lives, to never return to room B-340, they now had more than enough proof. Enough to last them a lifetime.