Save Him

TW: This story features detailed scenes of a car crash. Please proceed only if you want to. <3

"And cut," replied the camera crew. Sam and Colby had just finished filming the final sequence for their Merch Wars with Kian and Jc.

The four boys turned to Chris as the camera crew began to disassemble their equipment.

"That was really good guys," replied Chris. "Thanks for coming out. You can keep the cars."

"We- seriously?" asked Colby excitedly.

"They're all yours," replied Chris.

"Sweet," replied Colby. The four boys returned to their cars.

"Hand me the keys Sam," said Colby. "I get to drive back."

"Be my guest," replied Sam, tossing Colby the keys. Colby smiled getting into the driver's seat of the car. Sam got into the passenger side as Colby put the key in the ignition.

"Listen to that engine purr," said Colby. "I am gonna look so badass driving this around LA."

"You mean we?" asked Sam.

"Oh come on Sam," said Colby laughing. "You already have a nice car; all I have is a Corolla."

"Fair enough," said Sam as he and Colby buckled in. Colby gently eased himself out of the building where they were just filming. Once they reached the LA freeway, Colby picked up speed.

"Woah, slow down dude," said Sam. "What's the rush?"

"I am not about to let Kian and Jc beat us back there," replied Colby. Colby turned his head to look out the side window, looking for the white car. "Sam and Slowby my ass."

Sam chuckled as he as he looked in front of him. "Colby LOOK OUT!!!" screamed Sam.

Colby turned his head back to the front and saw a dog racing across the freeway. He swerved to the side as much as he could, narrowly missing the dog, but neglected the traffic coming in the other lane. A large truck rammed the front of the car and it spun two times before it rammed into the cement barrier separating their four lanes from the other ones. The last thing Colby remembered was his head snapping forward before he blacked out.

When Colby came to, his vision and his hearing were both fuzzy. He could see the outline of someone beside him. When his vision cleared he was able to make out the silhouette of Kian. He tasted blood running from his head and nose to his mouth and couldn't see anything through the fully smashed windshield. He shifted his gaze to the passenger seat, where Sam was unconscious and bleeding beside him. Sam had a huge gash on his forehead, his blond bangs now partially red from the blood. He could see a frantic Jc on the other side of the car, trying to pry Sam's door open.

"Sam?" said Colby weakly. The blond didn't respond. "Sam, please." Colby tried to move, tried to reach for his best friend, but Kian unbuckled him and gently placed a hand on him to keep him still.

"SAM WAKE UP!!! PLEASE!!!" shouted Colby through tears.

"Colby, can you hear me??"  asked Kian frantically.

Colby could smell smoke and see black smoke rising behind them in his peripheral vision. He saw the firefighters already on the scene attempting to extinguish the fire.

"Kian you have to save him!" Colby cried. 

"We will, we will," said Kian. "We already called the ambulance, it's on its way." A bunch of cars, including the truck that had hit them, had stopped to help block traffic and make sure that the boys were safe.

"Try not to move too much okay," said Kian.

"Kian!!!" yelled Jc. "I can't get Sam's door open all the way." The smoke puff was starting to get bigger and the car would surely be up in flames fast. Colby layed limp, his gaze still on his best friend, he could hear the sirens in the background, they sounded close.

"Sam" cried Colby weakly. "Stay with me, please."

His best friend was still unconscious beside him, Colby scanned him all over, looking for any sign that he was breathing at least a little, but his vision was switching from blurry to not every second. He heard the ambulance pull up and watched as Kian and Jc gestured the paramedics over to the boys.

They quickly rushed over with two stretchers, they gently put Colby onto the stretcher. He watched as others rush to get Sam safely from the car. Both boys were freed and Colby saw as Sam was placed in the ambulance beside him.

The ambulance sped off immediately, Colby was dazed, his gaze never leaving his best friend unconscious beside him. He was able to make out the words the paramedics were saying here and there.

"We got a situation over here!!" yelled one of the paramedics looking over Sam. "He's internally bleeding."

Colby heard the sirens blaring from the back of the ambulance, he turned to the paramedic tending to him. "Please save him," said Colby weakly.

"We will do everything we can to save you both,' replied the paramedic. "We're pulling up to the hospital right now." Colby could slightly feel the paramedics quickly roll them into the entrance of the hospital.

"Two males, both 23 years of age, one internally bleeding, need to get to the ER stat," shouted the paramedic as doctors began to circle them.

Colby saw the silhouette of a female nurse beside his gurney. "Stay with me," she said frantically. This was the last thing Colby saw and heard before he passed out.

Colby woke up to faint beeping, he eyes slowly fluttered open to his friends standing around him. His eyes scanned the room and he realized he was in a hospital bed. Jake, who was sitting in a chair beside his bed, was the first to notice he was awake. Kat, Tara and Devyn all moved closer to his bed, smiling down at him. Corey ran to get a nurse.

"Hey man," said Jake calmly. Colby immediately tried to bolt up but Jake gently pushed him back down. "Woah there big guy. Take it easy."

"Where's Sam?!" asked Colby frantically.

"Still in surgery," said Kat sadly. "He lost a lot of blood."

Colby saw how puffy and red her eyes were. This made him feel even more guilty. "He can't die," cried Colby. "I need to tell him I'm sorry."

"Don't do that Colby," said Tara. "This is not your fault."

"He's gonna be fine," replied Devyn. "He's in good hands."

Colby sunk back into his pillow, silently crying, he closed his eyes and silently prayed that Sam would live.

The nurse came in and explained to Colby that he had non-life threatening injuries because it was Sam that had taken the blunt of the impact. She also explained that Sam had just came out of surgery and that he was stable. He asked if he could be taken to see Sam.

After the doctor checked him over, bandaged and stitched him up, the nurse helped him into a wheelchair as they were all escorted to Sam's room. When they got there, Sam was still unconscious but breathing. They all waited patiently and painfully for hours. Colby sat in the wheelchair next to Sam's bed and never let go of his hand the whole time. Kat was gently holding his other hand on the other side of the bed.

Colby didn't know when he had drifted off to sleep, but he was woken up to someone squeezing his hand. He opened his eyes and saw Sam's blues eyes looking into his.

"Hey Sam," said Colby happily, as tears streamed down his face.

Sam shifted and groaned uncomfortably. "Guess you're stuck with that Corolla, huh," laughed Sam weakly.

Colby laughed through his tears as he grasped his best friends hand, he and Sam were going to be just fine.

A/N I'm not entirely sure how paramedic and medical stuff works, so please forgive me if I screwed that stuff up. Thanks for reading <3