Because Of You

Sam and Colby were in an abandoned warehouse they found a little outside of Los Angeles. They had just finished filming a video for their channel and it was getting very late. It was dark by the time they were done. They returned back to the door that they entered through at the beginning.

"Oh wait, we forgot to take a thumbnail," said Sam.

"Well this area is pretty open," replied Colby. "Let's just take it here."

Sam set his backpack down and turned on their camera. He set it down to made sure it got a good angle of both boys. They quickly posed for a thumbnail, then Sam grabbed the camera.

"Looks good," replied Colby.

"I agree," said Sam. Sam looked up from the photo and Colby noticed as his skin turned pale, and his expression changed.

"Sam what's wrong?" asked Colby.

"Behind you," said Sam.

Colby quickly turned around to see someone standing in the doorway where they came in. The person was dressed in all black, he had a creepy clown mask on his face and he was holding a crowbar in his hand.

"What the hell?!" asked Sam worriedly.

"Sam we need to leave now," said Colby worriedly. Colby's eyes grew wide as he began to panic.

He gestured behind him and began to pull Sam back the way they came to find another way out, but more people showed up, they were all wearing the same outfit and mask. They all had weapons spanning from crowbars to machetes and other blunts. Soon Sam and Colby were surrounded, circled by the people.

"Well, well, Colby Brock," said one of the people.

The boys turned to look at the person advancing forward, he removed his mask and underneath was a young guy, who looked to be a little bit older than Sam and Colby, but not by much. He had short, messy black hair and several tattoos on his neck. Colby sent him a death glare.

"Zeke," said Colby.

Sam looked at Colby in disbelief. "Colby you know these people?" asked Sam.

"You must be Sam," replied Zeke smirking. "You're the one Colby left us for."

"Colby, what is he talking about?" asked Sam. Colby stood silent as he watched Zeke pace around them.

Zeke clapped slowly as he realized what was happening. "Wow, so you never told him," he said.

"Told me what Colby?" asked Sam.

"We're Colbys old gang," explained Zeke.

Sam turned to his best friend. "Colby is this true?" he asked.

"Oh it's true," said Zeke. "He was a real prodigy too, had so much potential, but then he left, because of you."

"It wasn't just because of him," replied Colby. "I left because you decided it was okay to start killing people."

"You have to eliminate the competition," answered Zeke.

"Not like that," replied Colby.

"You've gone soft Brock," replied Zeke. "And I warned you what would happen if I ever saw you again."

Two of the other gang members grabbed Sam and pulled him back, while the rest began to beat Colby. They stood over him, kicking and beating him with all their weapons.

"Colby!!!" yelled Sam, attempting to free himself from their grasp, but the gang members held him tightly.

Zeke signaled for them to stop. They stepped back and Sam saw Colby, he was full of blood but still breathing. Colby propped himself up on his arm, spitting out the blood that was compiling in his mouth. Zeke came over and kicked him in the stomach, Colby hunched over, yelling in pain.