A Lesson Learned

Being back in Florida was always a weird feeling for the boys, especially since the last time they were here, they were arrested for trespassing. That's why this time, they found a loophole, sort of.

They found an abandoned place outside of town, that technically wasn't within city limits, it was very small, hardly anybody in the neighborhood, so they were confident they weren't gonna get caught.

They had promised each other, just a quick look, in and out. No Biggy. It was going well too, but what was meant to be a quick exploration adventure turned out to be something much bigger than Sam and Colby could have ever expected.

"Okay that's enough footage," said Sam. "Let's get out of here."

"Agreed," said Colby.

They ran back to the window where they had entered the abandoned place, they quickly set their backpack down and opened it to grab different clothes to change into and change their SD card.

"Can I help you boys?" asked a man behind them.

Both boys quickly spun around to meet the face of a man, he had short brown hair and looked to be in his late thirties, standing behind them, his hands in the pocket of his suit. He didn't look threatening, but you could never be too careful, especially in an abandoned place.

Colby spoke first. "Uh we were just..." he started.

"Filming a video," finished the man. Colby looked at him confused.

"I know who you are," said the man. "My name is Matthew Clayborn, this is my property, and you boys are trespassing." Sam and Colby both looked at each other scared. Neither of them wanted to go back to jail.

"Don't worry," said Clayborn. "I'm a reasonable man, I was young once too, so I won't call the police, this time, but I don't wanna see you boys back here again."

Sam and Colby noticed how the man stiffened and became very strict. They understood that they were trespassing, but it was no big deal, the place was abandoned, right?

"You found your way in, I trust you can find your way out," said Clayborn.

"Yes sir," replied Sam.

The man nodded to them. He watched as they hopped through the window, and the boys watched as he walked away. Once they were far enough away from the building, Colby turned to Sam.

"Is it just me or did that guy seem like he was hiding something?" asked Colby.

"No, I got the same feeling," replied Sam. "Weird."

"Yea, really weird," replied Colby.

Sam paused to take off his back pack off and set it on the ground. He started rummaging through it, and then paused. "Oh no!" he said.

"What's wrong?" replied Colby.

"The camera," replied Sam. "I set it down on the ground when I went to take off my backpack and must've forgotten to pick it up."

"That's okay, we'll just go back," said Colby.

"I dunno, he said not to," replied Sam. "What if he's still there?"

"We forgot our camera," said Colby. "I'm sure he'll understand. Besides, all of our footage is on there."

The boys quietly made their way back to the abandoned place. They found the same window they went through and peeked in, they could see the camera sitting on the ground where Sam had accidently left it. They looked around for the man and when they decided the coast was clear, they hopped in to grab their camera.