Chapter 42

Simon let out a weary sigh. Women took really long to try on a dress. And it was his first time visiting a dress shop.

All the ladies in the shop looked at him weirdly, judging him with narrowed eyes.

After twenty eight and half minutes, when he saw Violet all clad in beautiful silk of a slight merge of indigo and lapis hue, he knew that his wait was totally worth it.

Violet looked like heaven. With a harbor gray neckline, with the hem of the gown three shades lighter than the overall gown, the shade a lighter version of turquoise blue mixed with white, with amethyst colored gloves, with a delicate coiffure, with a rose madder blush circling in her cheeks and with an utterly womanly gait, she looked like heaven.

It was funny how a person managed to look prettier with every passing day.

The moment she stepped into the room from back, his heart had genuinely stopped. Everything, every single split of a second, every passing nanosecond- everything had stopped. There wasn't a possibility for her to look even more beautiful. It was highly impossible- and yet she managed it somehow.

Her face- oh god. He could kill himself just to touch every inch of it at that moment. He wanted to bury himself in her embrace, he wanted to serve her and protect her, he wanted to let her rule him, and he wanted to- he really wanted to- be her's.

Her eyes somehow changed their color to an unusual blend of teal and fuchsia. Her eyelashes glistened as if she had tears in her eyes. Her magenta lips quivered in that manner of her's when she was surrounded by many people and was thinking about what to say- and yet couldn't say.

And she blinked- so often and so frequently as if she were filled with excitement. Her nose twitched, exactly like that habit of her's where she was trying to savor every moment by acting as if she did not know what the occasion was but was trying to hide her nervousness- to look oblivious; but little did his darling know that the small and adorable movements of her nose gave her away. Hell, the happiness shining on her face gave her away.

Why couldn't he have her? 

"Simon?" she whispered, touching his arm.

"Violet?" Simon breathed "how can you look so beautiful?"

"Really?" Violet blushed.

"I wish I could have my way with you right now" he smirked, returning back to his senses.

Violet blushed again and coughed "you're a mad man..."

"Mad for you" he smiled "you look even more mesmerizing with every passing second."

Violet looked into his eyes and somehow they looked red violet "I love how you don't fail to appreciate me every time. Your face and your heart- they both are handsome. And I can proudly say that I own you..."

He stopped breathing.

"Right, Simon? I own you right?" she questioned softly, taking a step toward him, her eyes never leaving his face.

Something in his mind burst. A memory, a really bad one- it burst.

It burst and flowed, pouring into his heart and into his body.

He took a step back..and widened his eyes.

"Hell, she never owned you. You are a nobody without me, you bastard!"

That statement kept running in his mind. It kept revolving and rotating, never settling.

Hell his head hurt.

"You crookhead!"

Again! Simon's head throbbed as those hurtful voices which he was trying so very hard to forget took over his brain and body.