~chapter 11

Manik completing his work and closing his laptop leans back on his chair closing his eyes.

He opens his eyes soon as he heard his cabin door clicks opens. He looks at the door and found his wife standing there with a smile playing on her lips.

He straightened himself and passed a smile to Nandini who closing the door walks towards him.

Nandini : mani, are you ready to go home?

Manik's eyes flicks over the clock and wants surprised seeing the time because he can spend his entire day and nights sitting his office and work without complaining.

Manik diverts his gaze at Nandini who looked tired.

Manik got up from his chair and walks towards her pulling her into tight hug.

He pecks her head and caressed it.

Manik: I am sorry! I didn't realise you wouldn't have gone home without me. I have habitual staying in office till late but you don't. I'm really sorry love.

Nandini shook her head and broke the hug, she cups his face and pecks his forehead too.

Nandini : it's okay! I don't blame you. I know you mani. You wouldn't make me wait intentionally. I know it.

Manik smiles at his wife being so understanding towards his work, but this won't be happening every time, Manik knows that too well. His wife might be understanding but once it gets over the board then his wife turns into minion monster lashing out and lecturing Manik about his work and his bad habits.

Manik pecks her head again quickly tells her to take a seat while he wraps his work.

Nandini  nodded her  head and offered to help Manik but Manik reluctantly rushed it saying he will do it.

Manik grabbing his blazer and his laptop bag looks at Nandini who stood there watching him.

Manik : let's leave!

Nandini nodded her head and follows Manik. Manik once they were out of the cabin, he secured his cabin with his fingerprints and smiles at Nandini.

Manik entwined their hands making Nandini pull it back knowing there would be anyone to notice them together.

Manik : what are you doing sweetheart?

Nandini : mani! Anyone can see us like that?

Manik : everyone would have gone home by now. It is only us in the office and some security.

Manik tried to reason why to fear and holds her hand again, this time she didn't say a word but held his hand back too.

They both arrived at the car parking and stood by Nandini's car that Manik gifted her this morning.

Nandini's body against the car and Manik in front.

Manik : love, kiddo want you to come to malthora mansion. I have informed Abhi about you coming to malthora mansion.

Nandini : mani, what about my car?

Manik : it's okay! One of my bodyguards will drive it back to Murthy mansion.

Nandini nodded her head and taking the car keys car from her handbag passed it Manik.

Manik took his phone out and called one of his bodyguards.

Manik gave the car to his bodyguard and said.

Manik : drop the car to Murthy's mansion.

The bodyguard nodded and taking the car sat in the and drove it away to Murthy's mansion.