chapter 3

“Hey mom and hii dad”, she greeted as she entered in the house.

“Hello my young lady, so how was the trek?”, Lana’s dad asked.

“It was awesome”, she replied with joy.

“Oh, I see, someone is very happy from the small trip, isn’t it?”, Lana’s mom said while hugging her from the side.

“Yes, it was full of fun and finding inner peace”, Lana replied.

“Okay so now go to your room and get ready for the dinner”, mom commanded her with smile.”

Okay mam”, she replied by returning her smile.
She went up in her room and started to take off her jacket. She threw her jacket and something fell from it. It was shining. she forgot to put it back? she questioned herself and placed it inside her drawer which was present to the left of her door in front of her bed. Then she started taking off socks, t shirt and threw it on other corner of the room then she threw her bra on the other side cupboard and pants on another side and took a warm bath wore her bum shots and tank top. After changing the dress she went to the kitchen.

“Hey mom what is there for dinner?”, Lana asked.

“Fried chicken with rice and your favourite curry”, her mom replied.

“Yummy, can’t wait to eat”, Lana replied while taking chicken leg in her hand.
After the dinner she went upstairs in her room for a good nap. As she entered in the room, she saw the drawer was already open which is closed.

“Didn’t I lock it?”, she mumbled.

“I might have forgotten” she said to herself and walked towards the drawer.
She closed the drawer and fell on her bed. After surfing on net for hours finally sleep consumed her around midight.

Next morning  She woke up while scratching her left side of head.

“Oh god my head is spinning!”, she said it to herself.

As she was about to move down from bed she saw the drawer was open again.

“Mom, did you come to my room?”, Lana shouted from her room.

“No honey”, her mom screamed from the kitchen.

She was confuse a bit because she was sure that she had locked it yesterday. She moved towards the drawer and saw that piece of chain shining bright on her face. She took the chain in her hand trying to figure out how it came out of the drawer. After wondering for like half a second she put the chain back in the drawer and got ready for her school. Before leaving the room, she looked at the drawer and thought whether to take the chain with herself to school or to leave it here in the drawer. After fighting with her thoughts, she finally opened it, and took the chain with her. she went to the kitchen where her parents were already having their breakfast she sat in front of her dad.

“Good morning mom and dad”, Lana greeted.

“Good morning little munchkin” both of her parents replied unanimously.
While taking a bite of jam and bread, she showed the piece of chain to her parents.

“From where have you got this pretty chain, sweetie?” Lana’s mother asked.

“looks quite expensive though” her dad added.
When we were on top of the hill, I found this and showed it to my friends and thought of putting it back to its place but as usual, I forgot, Lana replied while taking the chain back from her mother’s hand and put it into her bag.
“Okay bye I’m going to be late” Lana took a sip of orange juice and run for her bus.
She was on time this morning and reached before the arrival of the bus. After few seconds she saw the bus coming and stopped just Infront. Lana moves in and find her place to sit. She manages to walk till the end seat of the bus. She makes herself comfortable over there and removes the earphones from the bag.

“This is my Life” she mumbled while untangling the wires.

She was continuously thinking about the beauty of the chain and how rich the owners would be. After few minutes she reach the school.

“Hey guys”, she waved to her friends.

“Hey girl slept well or not?”, hazel questioned.

“yes, but my head Is spinning a lot”, she replied.

“Why is that so? Had party without me or what?”, hazel nudged Lana and they started walking towards their classroom.

After the lecture they were in the canteen and Lana took out the chain from her pocket.

“hey you still have it with you?”, Daniel questioned.

“oh, so you are captivated by the beauty huh?”, Alex said while smirking.

“No guys it’s not like that, I wanted to put it back but I forgot”, she defended.

“Oh, okay we can understand that”, Alex said still smiling.

“But dude it is very alluring”, Daniel said.

“let’s do one thing, I have a great idea, sell this and throw a treat for us”, Alex replied with excitement.

“Yeah right anything else?”, Lana replied with a straight look. She put it back inside her pocket. After attending the lectures, she came back home.

“Hey mom I’m home”, Lana shouted as she entered into the home.

“Hey honey I’m going out there is some food in the fridge eat it okay?”, her mom said and walked out of the home in hurry.

“Ok…” she was stopped from the thud noise of the door. She walked upstairs. Now lana was alone in the whole house and was moving upstairs towards her room. While she was ascending the stairs, all the 5 frames on the wall to the right tilted to left a bit. She walked back few steps to see it again. But the frame was okay.

“This might be because of my headache I should not attain all lectures its unhealthy for me,” she smirked while thinking.