chapter 8

In the evening she reached at that place. She had a tight hold on the straps of her bag and started to walk inside the jungle. The torch in her hand and the moon was the only two source of light It was dark and nothing to be seen only the voice of the wind flowing in between the Leaves can be heard. With every step she takes towards the mountain her heart starts beating rapidly. The voice of leaf's getting crunched under my feet making it creepier. Her throat got dried she took out the water bottle from her bag.
As soon as she halted, she heard crunching of leaves from behind just after she stopped.

She walked a few steps forward and again stopped. Once again, she heard the voice of leaf getting crunched. The sweat on the Lana's forehead was now explicit to see and her heart was banging the walls of her chest. Without looking back she ran to the mountains. She kept on running. She reached to the mountain and sat on of the stone to catch her the breathing. She took out the bottle from her bag, opened it and drank more than half of it. while she was closing the bottle, she saw

'welcome Lana'

engrave on her bottle. She was terrified and threw the bottle. She took out the tools from the bag to climb the mountain. She climbed up and saw the beautiful city once again and recalled the memories which she had lived with her friends when she was here last time. She saw the view of the whole city closed her eyes her heart was soaring and tears from her eye fell down her cheeks. She then wipes her tear and walked to the place where she had found that piece. when she reached, she started searching on the ground if anything to be seen. To her left she saw something shiny. She walked towards it and was shocked completely. She saw the other remaining part of that piece of chain half on land and half under it. she kept her torch aside and started to take out the whole chain. After removing the whole chain, she saw a map stuck at the end of the chain. She saw that map in which on top of it is written the last piece. She jerked off the sand particles and scrutinize the map. She tried to follow it but it was taking her more into the darker side of the jungle. She was little scared to go. She closed her eyes and recalled the best of the memories which she had with her father, mother, friends and relatives. She gathered the courage, took the torch and walked into the darker side. As she was going more into the jungle the torch started to blink and finally got switched off. Lana tapped it on her palm but it was not helping. She threw the torch and now only moonlight was there. She took a deep breath and followed the map which took her towards a house which was more like a dark castle. She stood Infront of the large wooden gate the gate was almost 20 ft long and black in colour .

She moved closer and knocked

She moved closer and knocked. The door opened and no one is to be seen. She walked in. It was so dark that she was not aware where she was going.

"Stop".

A voice echoed and Lana stopped immediately. Suddenly green lights got on and Lana found herself standing at the centre of the big hall inside a circle made of white powder and surrounded by the 7 people who were wearing black rob and the face was veiled because of the cap of the black dirty rob. The hall was seeming like closed for years, the awful smell, heaviness in the air and black uneven cut cloths hanging from ceiling was making it scarier. The people surrounded her was scarier than the hall. There heights were different, one of the them was looking like a child. They suddenly started swinging their hands left to right in a very slow pace in synch while humming something. She saw someone was descending from the stairs. She cannot see exactly who is coming because the green light was not helping to fade the darkness of the hall. The people who were wearing black rob removed the vile from their faces. Lana was shocked to see them because those were the people who got missing from that mountain. Lana yelled who are you while crying. The lady did not say but as soon as she come in contact with the light, Lana could not believe on her eyes. She was the same lady to whom she saw at her room. The people in black rob suddenly bend themselves backward with their hands on the ground and started to move in a circular manner around Lana. Lana was afraid looking at them while crying. She was confused more afraid of what is happening.

"What are they doing", Lana yelled at that lady.

That lady laughed "they are performing ritual my dear just like how you were doing every night", she told her with side smirk.

Lana recalled the video of her where she was moving in the same manner around that chain.

"I never intended, it was you who was controlling me, I can never be a part of your rituals", Lana shouted.

The woman started laughing. "You will complete my ceremony, i was in need of some people, you are the one who picked up the chain, the chain is cursed,

the chain chose you",

she loudly said while seeing Lana by narrowing her eyes and a side devilish smirk.
Lana had no clue what she was telling. While she was trying to comprehend, she saw two of the people distanced themselves from each other and made some place. Lana was completely shocked when she connected the lady's words with the empty space. The child looked at her, smiled and said, to the lady,

"Master we found our last piece of chain".