nine.

nine.

"Give me some morphine, is there any more to do?" - Meet Me In The Hallway by Harry Styles

River.

"I have tried to get a hold of the author for the manuscript you gave me, but he just doesn't seem to be picking up." I call to Harry from across the room. He seemed to be too occupied in whatever e-mail he was writing, as he waved a hand at me to wait. I rolled my eyes, holding the office phone in my left hand as I made myself ready to take notes.

"Go to the next author then." I hear his voice call back, after what seemed like minutes of waiting. I nod my head and look for the second manuscript that Harry had me hooked in calling.

It was some deranged script, the most interesting of any I have read. I would like to think I am more of a romance person, but no good book has boundaries, and we should be allowed to explore them deeper.

The story was about a small girl who was said to be the age of ten, running alone in the woods all by herself. No family. She stumbles upon a little cottage, and runs to it as a first instinct. The man had taken the small girl in. Fed her, bathed her, provided shelter and everything normal. But it turns out the person living in the cottage was not even a living being, but some kind of paranormal creature prepping her for a satanic ritual.

Not something I would typically read but the author to this book was so detailed, and with every word he pulled you in. So unfortunately I had to agree with Harry in this and call whoever wrote this manuscript and tell them that their work was being published.

I had asked Harry if he wanted to send it through his dad, but he told me that we didn't need to. Which was understandable, since he was nearly the CEO of this entire company, and he deserved a say in things.

"Good afternoon, this is River Matthews and I am calling you from Styles Publishing. Is this Eric Flint?" I wait for the author to answer from the other end.

"Uh- Yes hello, It's me." The male voice responded.

"Hi, I'm calling to inform you that your book has been accepted by Mr Harry Styles, himself, to publish, if that is still okay with you?" I question, double checking that it was still okay with him. The queue cards in front of me didn't exactly explain that we had to make sure but I thought that being the reasonable human being I am, it would seem like a nice gesture.

"Of course, that would be an honour, thank you so much." By the tone in his voice you could tell that he was most definitely new to the publishing industry. I bet this was his first book.

"Mr Styles would like you to see you as soon as possible, to go over all the details." I reply, looking through Harry's diary. I made sure to find the earliest date in his calendar and book an appointment then.

"Okay, when do you think will be best for him to see me?" He questions, politely, into the phone.

Next week Tuesday seemed to be the only day he was free, since throughout the whole week it was either other appointments with other authors or business meetings. One day had caught my eye, he had something written in for this day but it didn't seem to look like a business meeting, more like something casual. Meet Camille for lunch. The date was written in for next week Wednesday. She was probably just another one of his conquests.

"Ma'am are you still there?" Eric's voice brought me out of my hallucinated state.

"Uh yeah. Next week Tuesday is suitable. ten thirty don't be late." I respond, shifting my eyes to a confused looking Harry.

"Okay, well I will see you there then." He nervously chuckles, and I giggle back at him in response, which causes Harry to rise from his chair and walk over to my desk.