Part 5: Planing

THAT NIGHT IN EZ'S BEDROOM AFTER RAYLA TELLING EVERYONE THE STORY OF WHITE WHISPERER (ECT.) . . . .

Ez: Is Rayla in bed?

Callum: *pacing* Of course. How bad of a boyfriend do you think I am?

Ez: Callum. I get you're upset. But she's my friend too, you know.

Callum: *stops pacing* I know. This morning I thought our biggest issue would be Claudia and a dream you had. But now it's Rayla's life. *sits down and puts hand to forehead* How could I let this happen?

Ez: You didn't.

Callum: What would you do if Ellis was all the sudden about to die?

Ez: Probably the same thing you're doing. *grins* Freak out and accuse yourself.

Callum: I'm not totally out of control.

Ez: "RAYLA DOES NOT TRIP!"

Callum: Kay, fine. Maybe a little bit.

Ez: Rayla can take care of herself. That's just who she is.

Callum: But what if she doesn't. That's what my job is as her boyfriend.

Ez: *snickers* What are you talking about? You can barely take care of yourself let alone another human being.

Callum: *look that clearly states "C'mon Ez. We both know I suck at all this kind of thing. Just cut me a break. Sheesh."*

Ez: I've got every doctor in the kingdom at the ready for an emergency.

Callum: How much time do you think we have?

Ez: I don't know. Callum. We're dealing with some pretty serious dark magic.

Callum: I know.

Ez: We leave tomorrow. Me, you, and Rayla are coming. Is there anyone else you think should come.

Callum: Soren.

Ez: Soren? Now you're just trying to drive Rayla crazy.

Callum: I think it's best for all our safety. I can't hold a sword to save my life. You're thirteen. Usually Rayla would be fine to take care of us all but now she's immobilized. Soren's the Crown Guard. It's our best shot. Plus, it's not like we can take a whole entourage with us so we just need one good soldier. That's Soren's job.

Ez: *stares at Callum then slowly nods head* Okay, fine. Soren's coming.

(Soren walks into room)

Soren: HELLLLLLLLOOooooo King and step PRINCEEEEEE!

Ez: *turns to Callum doubled up, laughing* Yeah, he might be some protection but he might kill Rayla in the first ten minutes.

Soren: What we talking about?

Ez & Callum: Nothing.

Soren: *shrugs. Bows to Ezran* King Ezran, the maps you requested. *holds out scrolls.

Ez: *takes maps* Thank you, Soren. Callum is requesting that you come on tomorrow's journey to the Fabian mountains. Will you come?

Soren: *turns around and bows to Callum* If it is what the step prince wants.

Callum: *rolls eyes* You're expected to guard me, Ez and Rayla.

Soren: Sweet. Will there be loaves of bread packed so that I may feast upon my wonderful creation?

(Rayla walks in)

Callum: How did you-

Rayla: I'm not COMPLETELY useless. I just used the walls for balance. Also, I came here to tell you that there is someone who I want to come.