Part 7: Helpless

IN THE COURTYARD (AGAIN) . . . . . . . . . . .

(Doors burst open and Everyone comes out)

(Entrance as Follows: Claudia, Ezran, Rayla, Callum all clamber over side of cart)

Soren: *Gets in the front seat with the horses.

Soren: E-yah!

(Cart lurches forward)

Rayla: GAAH!

Ez: Rayla, have you ever been in a Cart before?

Rayla: *hugs herself and looks down* No.

Ez: *small laugh* Well you're about to see what it's like.

(Cart gives another lurch)

Rayla: *shuts eyes tight and grabbes Callum's hand.

Callum: *Looks up at Ez*

Callum & Ez: *smile at exactly the same time*

Claudia: *stares at them confusedly*

(After about it an hour. . .)

Claudia: So! Uhhhh . . . . . can I get more details on this?

Rayla: Sure? *takes off right boot*

Claudia: *softly* Wowww . . .

Rayla: What?

Claudia: It's just that, I've never seen one of these before. Is it true that you have to actually soak it in Sifuri Moonshadow and Moonberry juice fountain? Do you have one of those in your village? What's the dance thing to get in? Is that still a thing? I-

Rayla: *quickly and suspiculy pulls boot back on* Why are you interested in my Elven traditions? It's not like you need to know about them.

Claudia: Oh! No reason. *shiftily looks away*

Rayla: *arches eyebrow* Yeaaaahhh . . . Suuuuure.

Claudia: What?

Rayla: Only the highest Elves have the right to tell other people especially HUMANS about The Lautours fountain. Who have you been talking to?

Claudia: It was just a book in the library. Honest.

Rayla: *eyes widen* Wha- I- How? Who-who wrote it?

Claudia: *shrugs* There wasn't an author's name.

Rayla: *narrowed eyes* Oh, yes there was. *brings out butterfly swords and flicks them into, well, sword mode puts them both against Claudia's throat* And you're going to tell me.

Claudia: *squeals*

Callum: Rayla!

Ez: Rayla! Claudia hasn't done anything!

Rayla: *mutters* Yet.

Soren: *from front* What's going on back there? *sees Rayla with swords out* Hey! What the crud is going on?! *stops cart jumps into back* Rayla, what are you doing? You were the one who WANTED Claudia to come!

Rayla: Yes! I DID! And I have my own personal reasons. But NOW I realize she just spoke to me in SUCH a fancy, pretty way just so that *Says with REAL fury that scares the crap out everyone* SHE COULD SPY ON MY SECRET ELVEN TRADITIONS! Why do you even care?!

Claudia: I thought you were giving me a second chance! I didn't DO anything. Why would I?

Rayla: *opens mouth looking furious but then lowers swords. Looks like she's about to cry* Yes. I-I did. I didn't give it to you because I like you. It's because . . . because I felt like it was fair . . . . . . I got a second chance so . . . . I-I thought you should have one . . . too.

Ez: Rayla-

Rayla: *starts crying*

Callum: Rayla . . .

Rayla: *stand up* Would you all just STOP making me CRY? PLEASE!?

(Silence)

Rayla: *flips swords back to original form and puts them back onto her back. * I'm going on a walk. (Jumps out cart winces when hits the ground

Claudia: What just happened?

Soren: I don't know but she's definitely being moody lately.

Callum: Hey! That's my girlfriend you're talking about!

Soren: *throws up hands* Sorry, Man. It's just, well, you know, she is.

Callum: That still doesn't make it OKAY to call her moody.

Soren: Honestly, dude? I haven't seen her this emotional . . . like, ever.

Callum: I-I know. It's weird for me too. She's usually the one who looks after us and frankly *scoff* it's really weird to have to HELP Rayla around. I-I guess she's never been in this big of a life threatening situation.

Ez: Uh, Excuse me? Think again.

Callum: I mean, a certain death situation.

Ez: Think harder.

Callum: *abruptly* THE POINT IS . . . I've never seen her helpless.

Soren: Oh, she's definitely not helpless.

Claudia: I think what Callum's TRYING to say is that it's odd for Rayla to be clingy and need help walking and stuff.

Everyone (Except Claudia (And Rayla cause she left)): Rayla is NOT clingy!!!

Claudia: *throws up hands* Okay. Um, but you guys should do something. She almost killed me.

Callum: *throws up hands* Who cares?!

Claudia: *Icy stare* I THOUGHT you did.

Callum: You're dad tried to kill me! And Ez!

Claudia: *tearing up* So did Rayla and . . . . (looks down and then head shoots back up again) I'm NOT my dad!

Callum: Oh really? Cause, (scoff) you SUUUUURE act like it.

Claudia: *stares at Callum for a few seconds then turns to Soren* Soren, tell him!

Soren: Guys I don't think it's fair to be like this to Claudia. *takes deep breath and turns to Callum* Callum, I think you're being a little unfair.

Ez: Yeah, Callum. I think Soren and Claudia are right. We can see that you're hurt-

Claudia: No. *put head in palms* No, you never cared, you never will. You know Callum, I USED TO LIKE YOU! I USED TO THINK WE WERE FRIENDS! *sits up and looks at all of them reproachfully* But then YOU all ditched me in a cell because you weren't sure if you could trust me or not. THREE!! YEARS!!!
HOW CAN YOU TRUST ME?! I'M SO LONELY! I'M SO LONELY I CAN'T IMAGINE ONE MORE DAY IN THAT CELL! I'LL DO ANYTHING! *looks at Callum* Are you happy now?!

Callum: I, Claudia-

Claudia: *scoots away and turns head away* Nope. Go get Rayla so we can keep going.

Callum: *opens his mouth but shuts it and nods. Doesn't get up but opens mouth again*

Ez: Oh my gosh, I'LL get Rayla *clambers out of cart*

*Copywrite: I do not own any of these pictures.*