Home

14 August, 1995

I stood on the doorway, a firm grip on my stuffed trunk. It was strange packing it in the summer. I only used it for school but instead of books and quills, I packed it full of everything I couldn't part with. It wasn't much just some muggle cloths, a few photos, and my baby blanket.

"Lyra Bellatrix Malfoy, if you dare walk out of this house you will never be welcome back." My father's voice echoed through out the room, but I blocked it out. I was focused on Draco, I had never been away from him. Though he could be an ass, he was my brother and I loved him. But, I couldn't take it anymore, constantly being berated, hit, and cursed just for being a decent person.

Then I turned to Tonks, it was writing to her that got me into this absolute mess. It wasn't her fault, I was the one who wrote to her. I couldn't resist, I had a cousin out there who wan't a pureblood supremacist and a deatheater. The problem occured when my father found out. I wasn't supposed to be writing to anyone, my parents thought that if the cut me off from the world I would turn in to the daughter they wanted. He was livid, he used the Cruciatus curse, this was bad for even for him. My father had hit me with every object, hex, and curse you could think of, but never an unforgivable.

That had been my breaking point.Locked away in my room I just started packing, determined to never look back. Now I wasn't so sure. What would happen to Draco? My parents were always so focused on how I was the disappointment they left him alone, would they turn on him? But I had to do this, if Draco wanted to he could leave I couldn't stay in this hell just for him.

"Promise?" I shouted back and slammed the door behind me.

I took several steadying breathes taking jn exactly what I had just done. "Thanks for coming, I know I shouldn't have asked you for help but I didn't know what to do." I rushed out stumbling over my words.

"Hey" Tonks said putting her hand on my shoulder. "It's ok squirt, we're family, 's what family is for." Tonks was the opposite of my family she had short, spiky, pink hair and wore an old jean jacket covered in pins and patches. She spoke with such energy, like she didn't care about being too loud or coming off too daft.

"Now we got to get you out of here" She said straightening up.

"Where are we going to go?" I was glad she had a plan because I had spent so much time deciding if I should run away I didn't even think what I was going to do after.

"Home"