Number 12

14 August, 1995

We rode the Knight bus all the way into London. When we finally got off we walked into a muggle neighborhood, I had no idea what we were doing here.

"What is this place?" I asked confused, of all the places we could have gone Tonks brought me to some random neighborhood right outside of muggle London.

"Oh I almost forgot" She popped a slip of parchment out of her pocket and handed it to me. "Read this" On the parchment in green, loopy letters were the words Number 12 Grimmauld place.

It wasn't until I read the parchment that I noticed that the houses were numbered wrong, Number 11 and 13 stood next to each other. As soon as I noticed Number 12 appeared seemingly out of no where.

"New head-quarters of the Order." She said as if it was common knowledge.

"The what?" I started but she silenced me putting her finger to her mouth.

"Shh-we should get inside." Tonks opened the ornate door, the small entryway was dark and musty. She motioned for me to come inside. Almost immediately she knocked over a coat-rack, as soon as it hit the ground a defining scream filled the small space. "Bloodtraders! Mudbloods! Half-breeds!" I looked around for the source of the noise. Though it wasn't a women screaming, not a real one anyway, it was a painting. I recognized her as my grandmother's sister, Walburga Black. "This is the Black's home." I said, Tonks must of known this because she didn't answer.

"Tonks how many times do I have to tell you-" Mrs. Weasley rushed into the room, she stopped as soon as she saw me. She seemed as shocked to see me as I was to see her.

"Lyra dear, what are you doing here?" She was flustered. "What were you thinking, bringing her here? You need to get her back home before her parents find out." She said to Tonks clearly stressed out.

"Molly -" Tonks said quietly, but I cut her off. "I can't go back home." I started trying my best to keep my voice even. I felt tears coming, but I pushed them back. I refused to cry; this is what I wanted, what I needed.

All of a sudden, a herd of footsteps approached from the hallway: how many people were in this house? Hermione, Harry, Ron, George, Ginny, and Fred all appeared and froze in the now cramped entry way.

Hermione practically jumped on me throwing me into a bone crushing bear hug. I winced despite myself, the wounds on my back were still fresh and raw. But Hermione must not of noticed, she was too busy bombarding me with questions. "What's going on? How did you get here? Why haven't you written?"

"Give her some space to breath 'Mione" George laughed.

She held me out at arms length and gave me a once over. "Are you alright?" I didn't answer. I must of looked awful, the meals that weren't withheld out of punishment I just picked at, I hardly slept and when I did it was full of nightmares, and I had developed a habit of picking at my nails until they bled.

"What are you guys doing in the Black's home?"

"It's head-quarters of the Order of the Phoenix" This came from Sirius, who just entered the room and was now leaning against the door way.

"How many people are here?" I said frustrated and confused. "And what even is the Order of the Phoenix"

Mrs. Weasley chucked softly. "This is it for the most part, except for Author and Remus of course. Members for the Order are always popping in and out though. The Order is the army fighting against You-Know-Who." She explained calmly.

"Isn't the Ministry doing that?" I asked sheepishly.

"You really have been living under a rock?" Tonks sighed.

"They shut me out from everything, I haven't even seen the Profit all summer"

"That's why you haven't responded to any of our letters" Harry realized. I nodded.

"Let me get you a cup of tea, there is a lot you need to be caught up on." Sirius lead me into a kitchen for a long conversation.