Reflections

6 January 1996
We only had 2 more minutes before Transfigurations. We were all waiting outside the classroom. I was enthusing over the muggle pens Hermione got me for Christmas. They were so much better then quills, they came in all sorts of colors, but the best part was not having to dip over and over while I'm drawling.
However, the  temporarily cheerful mood was quickly crushed by Draco strutting up beside us. "Did you hear, the Weasleys took in another stray this Christmas?" He asked Parkinson this but he said it loud enough everyone in the corridor turned to him. "Of course the blood trader wasn't allowed home, but we were shocked to hear she went so low." He has a smirk on his face showing he knew exactly what he was doing.
My blood boiled, my face was hot "Shut up, Malfoy" I spit the last word as if it was filth. He lowered his voice so only I could hear "Look at you, such filth. Hanging around bloodtraders and mudbloods. I can't believe I ever called you my sister, no wonder father never-" But he didn't get finish. Before I had a chance to think my fist was flying towards his face. I felt his nose crack beneath my touch and soon it was gushing blood.
I raised my arm to swing again but Harry caught my wrist. Harry and Ron had my either arm and were trying to pull me off of Draco and away from the corridor.
The world was spinning. I was still fighting against Ron and Harry, when Mcgonagal walked in. I didn't register anything she said. Rage pumped through my veins, but more than that overwhelming hurt. My breathing was rapid. I could feel tears stinging my eyes. I hated him so much it hurt, but I didn't really I could never truly hate him. No matter how much I needed to.
"Lyra" Hermione's voice was soft as she placed her arm on my shoulder trying to calm me down. The boys let me go, the corridor had empty. Class had probably started, and the four of us were just standing in the corridor. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up, your shaking"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as the water turned a light red as it washed down the drain and eventually turned clear. I splashed the now clean water on my face. I looked into the mirror, I hated looking at myself. Every time I looked in the mirror I saw him, I couldn't get away. I was constantly reminded of him, of home, how I left him there, how he was turning dark and it was all my fault. I pulled my wand from my hair and blasted it mirror, shattering it. Hermione who had been silently watching me got up and wrapped her arms around me. I let myself sob into her shoulder. "Feel better?" She asked quietly.
"No"