Nightmares

25 December, 1995

I creeped as quietly as possible up the stairs and into the the door at the end of the hall. I peered over the bed I thought was George's, this would be the worst possible time to get them mixed up.

"Georgie?" I asked into the darkness. He shifted and rubbed his eyes "Lyra?" When he opened his eyes, they were immediately filled with worry. He could always tell when I was upset, but with my red eyes and wet eyelashes it was probably easy for anyone to know. "Come 're" He said still half asleep, and lifted the duvet.

Without saying anything, I crawled in next to him and snuggled in to side, hiding my face in his chest. He carded his fingers through my hair for a few minutes before he spoke again, "So are you going to tell me what's wrong, or are we just going to ignore that you aren't sleeping in your own bed." I didn't answer, "Don't worry about Fred, he sleeps like the dead, we are practically alone." I took a deep breath before muttering "Nightmare"
"What about?"
"Home" I answered simply
"Love" he said sadly, removing his hand from my hair so he could pull me closer.
"That's not your home anymore, your safe now they can't hurt you"
"Do you think they'll ever stop, the nightmares?"
"I don't know, I hope so. But I'll be here whenever you need me"
"Always?" I asked through a yawn.
"Of course Stargirl"

I let my head fall against the pillow ready to fall back asleep, when George spoke again. "Stargirl?" "Hmm" I said fighting falling sleep.
"It's midnight, Happy Christmas"
"You mean happy anniversary Weasley" I corrected, happily.
"A whole year, I can't believe you put up with me this long"
"Me put up with you? I'm surprised you've dealt with my shit this long"
George wiggled so he could wrap his arms around his waist, then I wrapped mine around his neck.
"I love you Ly, including all your shit"
"I love you too Georgie, including all of yours"