Prologue: Is This the End?

There you were, laying on the monochrome tile floor half unconscious. You were breathing heavily, coughing up blood as you held your wound as tightly as you could. You could hear Blitzø sobbing, screaming your name as he begged you to get up. At this point, you figured there was no point. You could feel your blood spurting from in between your fingers, leaking onto the once clean floor. Stolas' manic laughter echoed throughout the room as he came closer to you, bloodstained saber in hand. His laughter settled into a quiet chuckle as he loomed over you.

"Well now, this truly is a shame (Y/N). I was hoping you would be more of a challenge for me." he sneered at you, kicking you across the floor to leave a trail of blood behind.

"Nooo! (Y/N)!!" Blitzø cried, struggling against his shackles "Damn it Stolas, stop it! You've made your point, I can't run from you! Please, you don't have to kill him!"

"Dad, you need to end this. This has gone too far!" Octavia tried to pull the blade from his hand, only to be tossed aside.

"So long as he's still breathing, I haven't gone far enough."

"You can't be serious, why did you feel the need to bait him here? What are you trying to prove with this?!"

"Silence Octavia!!" You could feel the room shake as his voice rang through the air "You're no better than he is, you traitorous little wench! First Blitzy plans to elope with this peon, then you, my own daughter plots against me. Getting Stella involved was one thing, but you even turned my closest friend against me!"

"It's thanks to Boxley I learned about this, and I'm glad he told me! This beyond obsession dad, this is madness!"

"This is not madness!!" he roared again, making her crawl to Blitzø to hold him "If anything this was all out of love, for the both of you. Neither of you could stand Stella, you both came to me for comfort, for shelter, for affection. You're both are much happier with me, aren't you?" he chuckled, a crazed look in his eyes.

"Via, I think we've lost him, he's completely cracked..." Blitzø whimpered, holding her as she started to cry.

"I-I...It wasn't supposed to be this way. He wasn't supposed to find you or (Y/N), and now...I'm sorry Blitzø, this is all my fault. I'm so sorry..."

"No, it's mine. If I hadn't lied to begin with, maybe this could have ended differently." he cried, looking over at you as you tried to move.

"So, you admit to your little crime then?"

"Fine, I confess, I was trying to help them hide from you! All because I felt pity on them, because I'm tired of your lies!" she yelled, stunned as he started to laugh again.

"And what lies have I told Via?! I can't stand your mother, that has been no secret. Blitzy is the only one that makes me happy, the only one I've truly loved. So why, why would you try to take that happiness away from your father?"

"Do you hear yourself right now?! How can you call any of this happiness?! This is depressing, it's...it's disappointing for me to see you like this!"

"Hm, typical, you're just as selfish as your mother." he replied crudely, breaking her heart as he dashed her words aside.

"I don't know what I hate the most about you, your deception or your greed for lust!!" she sobbed, burying her face in Blitzø's chest.

"Heh, b******..." you groaned, struggling to get back on your feet.

"What did you say?"

"Did I...stutter?" you coughed, leaning against the wall to keep your balance "What kind of father...makes his daughter...cry?"

"(Y/N) don't--"

"Shut up."

"Aww, is the little prince...too afraid...of the truth?" you laughed weakly.

"Shut up!"

"Too afraid...that the only thing...he's good for...is screwing...other people...over?"

"I SAID SHUT UP!!" He struck you across the face, the force sending you flying into the wall with a loud crash "How dare you speak to me that way, you worthless whelp! You have some serious gumption to even dare challenge someone of my power!" He halted his rant, astonished that you were  still trying to stand after such a rough impact "...Then I again, if you weren't such a fool, and a constant pain in my side, I would say that I'm impressed by your persistence. Any other sinner would be dead after a strike like that. Hell, I'm amazed you're still talking such trash after I ran you through with my blade. Tell me little imp, what is your little secret, hm? What is it that beats inside you that keeps you wanting more punishment? Please do share it with me, so I can enjoy the pleasure of ripping it out of that frail little body of yours with my bare hands."

"Y...Y-You know...who it is..." you coughed, looking over at Blitzø.

"'Who' you say? ...Ah, I should have known, it was all for him, wasn't it? Your reason for coming here, the reason for this duel, your so called 'reason for living' as you humans would say? That is, if you can call this a living. Quite an ironic turn of phrase since you're dead, it's even more amusing since you're about to die again." he laughed shamelessly "Before I end your miserable existence (Y/N), I must commend you for your combat skills. You're much faster than I thought, you even managed to land quite a few good hits on me. To think, my own daughter and wife supplied you with Heavenly bullets? Ha! Pure deception at it's finest, and yet it was all for not. It all came down to this, you dying at my feet because you had to 'follow your heart'. And right into my little trap no less. Have you any last words before I kill you?"

"F***...you..." you growled.

"Hm, suitable for you I suppose. Fare thee well (Y/N), can't say it was nice knowing you. As for Blitzy..." You watched as he approached them, furious as he pushed his daughter to the side. Blitzø cowered against the wall before being picked up "you have nothing to fear. I will make certain to take extra special care of him while you are gone. After all, he is so adorable when he submits to me.~" he taunted as he forcefully kissed him.

"Get off him you b******!!" you yelled, coughing violently as you gripped your wound tighter. You cringed in fear as he approached you, his blade scrapping along the tiles as he came closer. Surprisingly, it wasn't the fact that you were about to face a second death that was frightening to you. No, not even the thought that everything you worked so hard for, in this life or your previous one, would mean nothing once you're gone. What scared you the most was leaving him alone. As the bird said, you came here for Blitzø. You knew in your heart that you were ready to die for him. However, you didn't honestly think that it would end like this for you. This wasn't the ending you wanted, this wasn't the one you planned for. You weren't ready to leave him, especially not like this. Tears started to flood your eyes as you looked at him. In what could be your last moment that your eyes meet, several questions raced through your mind: Do you have the strength to keep going? Did Blitzø know how much you really loved him? Why were you foolish enough to fall for Stolas' trap? And the most important question of the hour...How did you end up in this bloody mess?