.two. /Lonely Eyes/

«Stick with me» Olivia nodded «At your orders boss, c'mon Ellie» the sarcasm was a family thing, and Ellie had this same kind of sarcasm.

He was very silent.

But there was something that caught Olivia's attention.

«Where are we going?» she said as they were sneaking around to not get caught by the military «At the place where we smugglr cargos» Ellie was a curious girl.. Olivia knew that she was going to make a lot of questions «Did you ever smuggle humans?» he sighed and with his deep southern voice he responded «No.. it's my first time».

«So.. how do you know Marlene?» he said as they were walking through a corridor «She is a family friend.. i guess» said Ellie as Olivia took the word «She had a story with her father..» He nodded as he kept asking «And where are your parents?» Ellie sighed «Both dead.. Olivia is the only family i got left» she smiled to her «What are you.. fifteen?» she smiled «Fourteen actually».

As they arrived to the place, Joel layed on the couch «What am i going to do?» he sighed «I think you'll figure something out» Olivia sighed «Ellie come here.. let the old man get some sleep» he kinda looked at her as she smiled.

_______

He woke up kinda sobbing and Olivia noticed it «Bad dreams?» said the little girl as he nodded «Kinda..» Olivia got up «Your watch is broken by the way» he nodded.. as he watched Olivia bent down to get her things.

«Hey» said Tess entering in the place «I took the job, we're gonna take them to the Fireflies place —Joel sighed— don't give me that look Miller.. it's a fucking great opportunity, they have a lot of guns, we need this» he got close to her and suddenly Olivia was trying to get out of her head the thought of wishing to be that close to him.
«But to be clear.. it is your responsibility not mine» she nodded looking at Olivia and Ellie «Girls.. we gotta get a move on, follow us okay?» Olivia liked Tess, she was brave.

«C'mon Ellie..» the little girl nodded following her aunt.

__________

As they went outside three guards stopped them «Get on your knees» they shouted, Olivia looked at Ellie to check if she was okay. Her breath became more deep, as she took the initiative and stabbed the soldier on his neck, she took the gun and shoot at the two of them that were behind Joel and Tess, Ellie smiled «That's my aunt!!» Olivia helped Tess getting up «You're a bad ass» said Tess with a smile «Training i guess did something to me».
Joel was surprised, he watched her neck covered in blood, he found her sexy even if she was messed up.
«Oh jesus» said Tess as Olivia was checking up on Elle «She's infected» as she said that Olivia pushed Ellie behind her.

Joel took his gun and Olivia pointed hers towards him «Why the fuck are we smuggling an infected girl!» he said angrily.. i mean it was explainable his anger but Olivia didn't want to mess things up.
«Put your gun down Joel» said Tess, as she noticed Olivia's shaking hands «Not until she explains this shit».
«She's fucking immune! —shouted Olivia— okay? She's immune, she got bit three weeks ago, i was there.. Marlene said that some doctors found a cure thanks to her».

«You're lying» said Joel but Tess seemed to believe that «I'm not.. sadly i'm not, she's my fucking niece, believe me or not this is real» Tess placed her hand on Joel's shoulder «Put the gun down.. and i'll put mine down too».

«What was the plan» said Tess getting close to Olivia «Marlene said that Ellie needs to get to the Fireflies place at the sanctuary.. then they'll take her to the hospital» she watched Ellie taking her things «And you?» Olivia sighed «She's my niece, i'll kill them if they don't let me go with her».

_________

As they crushed at an abandoned house Olivia stayed with Ellie until she fell asleep.
«Hey..» said a familiar voice as she was looking through some pictures «Joel..» she smiled a little as he sat next to her «I'm sorry for earlier.. i didn't—» she smiled «It's okay, it was shocking even for me».

«Tess is sleeping?» he nodded as she put some more wooden sticks on fire «Ellie?» Olivia pointed to the empty room «Sleeping.. she needed it» Joel smiled a little as he looked at her beautiful face, she was concentrated looking at the pictures on her hands «Nostalgic?» he said catching her attention «Yeah.. kind of».

«Look Joel.. i'm sorry too, i shouldn't have pointed a gun at you» he sighed «It's not the first time that happens» Olivia smiled pushing him playfully, but that was the first time.. in a long long time that Joel Miller was enjoying someone's company.
«You're not that bad after all» said Olivia getting up «I'll take that as a compliment» she smiled handing to him her energy bar «You should old man» as she said that she went back to Ellie.

_______

The next morning Joel and Tess were up early.

«You like that Olivia huh?» Tess said taking Joel by surprise «What?» he said as he was cleaning his gun «She's hot and she's a bad ass, she's the kind of girl you like» Tess smiled seeing that she caught him off guard «Better wake 'em up» he said changing the subject, Tess smiled and nodded.

«Olivia..» he said touching her face gently «Hey..» said the girl opening her eyes «We gotta go» he got lost in her blue eyes and she smiled nodding «Yeah.. i'll wake Ellie up».

They got back on walking and at half of the trip they encountered some clickers.

«Ellie..» said Olivia touching her backpack «Stay close to me okay?» she put up her mask as Joel and Tess did. Joel was surprised that Ellie wasn't wearing one «See? We weren't lying» said the kid as Olivia gently hit her.

«Ellie stay with Olivia okay?» Ellie nodded as Tess moved slowly towards the clicker.

As she got one, more clickers started making sounds. Suddenly as Joel and Ellie were killing them Olivia heard Tess screaming.

/////////

hey guys hope you like it!

I decided not to follow entirely what happens on the game, so i'm gonna use some of my imagination.

let me know what you think!