.five. / Tommy? That Tommy? /

They got back on the road the next morning, to reach Jackson, Tommy Miller's town. Tommy was also an ex lover of Olivia, other than Joel's little brother, and he didn't knew that but even Olivia didn't knew that she was going to see him again.

_____________

ten years ago

The Fireflies trainings were kind of simple for Olivia and that morning was her turn. She went to check Ellie first.
«Hey kid!» she said as she saw her reading a book on her bed «Didn't you have training this morning?» Olivia nodded as she sat next to Ellie «Yeah in a couple of minutes, so i suggested to come see how you're doing, Marlene is bothering you again?» Ellie sighed placing the book next to her «Nah.. she got some stuff to do so i'm all free today, heard you will train with the new recruit».

Olivia looked at her niece confused «Seriously?» Ellie nodded «I heard he's pretty funny and kind, so please don't beat his ass that hard» Olivia laughed as she got up and kissed her forehead «Can't count on that, see you at lunch kid».

«Hey Livy!» said Marcus as she entered in the gym «Marcus, what do you have for me?» she smiled as he pointed the recruit Ellie was talking about.
She noticed that he was kinda cute and he had a great smile «His name is Thomas Miller, but he likes to being called Tommy» she nodded «Don't be too hard with him».

«So you're new...» she said making him flinch «I didn't wanted to scare you» she then said with a smile «No worries, i didn't noticed you were already here, yeah by the way i'm new, i'm Tommy» she smiled and shook his hand «Olivia, nice to meet you» he smiled too «I heard about you.. three days that i'm here and everyone already told me about your fights, especially with Marlene» she laughed embarrassed «Yeah.. i sort of made a name of myself».

«I guess it's surviving».

They trained all morning and Olivia was beginning to like Tommy already, he was a good listener and a kind person.
«The best training i've ever had» he said out of breath, Olivia smiled «I liked training with you Tommy» he smiled «Wanna go get lunch together?» she didn't wanted Ellie to feel left alone so she declined his invite «I guess i'll see you later then».

________

«Are you going to tell me where are we?» said Olivia as they arrived to Jackson but it was all fenced, with a big gate in front of it «This is Jackson» said Joel «But i remember it was open» suddenly Ellie noticed a woman with four mens that were pointing their rifles at them «I wouldn't worry about that at the moment» she said catching Joel and Olivia's attention.
As they looked up they saw the woman «What now Joel?» she looked angry «Hands up! And put your weapons on the floor».

«We mean no arm ma'am we're just trying to pass through» said Joel while pushing Ellie behind him «Oh really?» Olivia was beginning to panic, the woman seemed really serious about it.
«He's saying the truth, we just need to pass through ma'am» as Olivia said that, the woman seemed to be consulting someone.

Suddenly a man showed up and when Olivia saw his face she backed up «That's my big brother right there» Joel smiled and Olivia couldn't believe that this was happening, Tommy was Joel's little brother "Tommy? That Tommy? What a handsome family" she thought.

As Tommy opened the gate and hugged Joel, he then noticed Olivia «Oh my fucking god» she nodded «Yup, long time no see Miller» their love story was a cute one, Tommy really cared about Olivia and she did the same for him, he was the most genuine person she ever met and for him she was the most brave person on Earth.

He hugged her, Tommy's thing, she smiled «I thought..» he said while he hugged «I left them too, right next to when you did» Joel was confused by all of this and he had many many questions. Judging by the way Tommy hugged her he kinda supposed they had a love story and he found himself a little jealous about that.

«Uhm.. this is Maria, be polite with her she sort of run things around here» he smiled as the woman showed up and shook hands with both Joel and Olivia «Thanks for not blowing my head off» she smiled at Joel's comment «Well i couldn't since you're my brother in law» Olivia surprised looked at Tommy «We gotta all get wrangled up at sometime».

________

Maria took Ellie to eat while Tommy showed Joel and Olivia how he was administering the city.
«Tommy i need.. to talk to you privately» said Joel, Olivia sighed and nodded «Can i talk with her first?» he suddenly said, catching Joel by surprise «Yeah.. uhm sure» said Joel making Olivia smile, he sounded jealous and that was new for her.

«Nice office.. it's really your style» she said, he looked nervous «Tommy look..—» he sighed «I'm sorry Liv, i shouldn't have left like that, i should've told you» he looked at the ground «I never had to listen to Marlene's threats because what i felt for you was real and i want you to know that» Olivia smiled a little, he was the same old sweet Tommy she knew «What i felt for you was real too Tommy, i loved you and i'm not scared to tell you that» he looked up to her «And you don't need to be sorry okay? You found Maria, you found this city, and i'm so glad to see you alive».

«I would've done all this with you if the destiny let us» Olivia nodded «I know.. you always told me that, but the past is the past Tommy, you know i always wanted you to live your life if Marlene would ever caught us» he nodded «Joel huh?» he said changing the subject «He's helping me taking Ellie to the Fireflies hospital, Marlene said that thanks to her maybe there's a cure to mankind, but she never told me where the lab is so..» Tommy nodded «Are you sure that you can stay with her inside the hospital?» Olivia smiled making Tommy laugh a little «You know me better than anyone Tommy».

________

As Olivia got out from Tommy's office, Joel was there waiting «I'm gonna go check on Ellie» she said placing a hand on his shoulder, he nodded and then went back looking at Tommy.