.eight. / Let me see her /

The next morning Ellie woke up early, she found herself in the bed, so she got up and went checking for Joel and Olivia, but they were nowhere to be found on the living room.
She then saw another room but closed and as she slowly opened she smiled.
Joel and Olivia were cuddling on the bed.

She knew that they would've ended up together, so she closed back the door and waited.
«Ellie hey!» said Olivia getting out of the room followed by Joel «Well hello lovebirds» both Olivia and Joel looked embarassed and Ellie smiled «It's okay really, i was waiting you two to get together at some point» Olivia smiled looking at Joel.

«C'mon kid, we have another step to make» said Olivia handing her backpack.
«Yeah..» Ellie sighed as she started walking towards the door «I'm really glad to have done this with you two» Olivia smiled touching her shoulders «I would never leave you and you know that» Ellie nodded with a smile looking at Joel «You got this kiddo.. we're here».

__________

As they were nearly to the hospital they had to go through a huge tube, but someone was there.
«Where you think you're going!» said one of the soldiers but as Olivia was about to do something she got hit to the head from behind.

She woke up on an hospital bed confused «Well hello there» said a familiar voice «Joel.. Ellie?» Olivia was still confused.
«They hit you pretty bad if you don't recognize me» she opened her eyes and saw Marlene «You seem happy to see me» Olivia sighed trying to get up «I wouldn't do that».

«Tell your man to be fucking gentle then» Marlene laughed nodding «That's the Olivia i know» she then motioned the soldier to get out «You did a hell of a trip.. thank god you took her here just in time».
Olivia sat on the bed touching her head «Where is she? Let me see her» Marlene sighed «She's safe Olivia» she laughed looking up to Marlene «Marlene this isn't a game.. let me see her».
«And i'm telling you, you already have done everything you could» Olivia scoffed «What's that supposed to mean? Marlene.. tell me where she is» the woman started laughing «And what will you do huh? You can't do nothing for her anymore Olivia».

«You're a fucking bitch..» she said as she watch Marlene get to the door «A bitch who is saving the world» Olivia scoffed again «At least tell me the truth».
«To create the cure.. Ellie must die» Olivia was shocked as she heard those words, Ellie was about to die and she was there doing nothing to save her.
«This is not a game.. you said that, this is for the entire humanity Olivia» said Marlene getting close to her as Olivia pushed her to the wall and the soldiers entered the door «There's no humanity in killing a fourteen year old kid» she whispered to the woman «I'm not letting you get near her» Olivia shook her head in denial «Do you think Travis would've want this to happen.. or even Anna? She's a damn kid Marlene!» as she said that the soldier hit her legs «This is not about me.. Ellie, Travis or even Anna anymore! Take her outside and make sure she doesn't escape».

«I swear you will see me again, but this time i will watch you die» said Olivia before the man pushed her outside the door.

______

«Walk!» she saw her backpack on a desk so she slowed her walking.
She then hit the soldier with her foot but he was too strong for her, so he pinned her on the wall trying to choke her «Bitch..» but as he said that Olivia watched him made a strange expression but then he just spit blood from his mout.

As he collapsed onto the ground she fell trying to breathe «Hey hey.. i'm here» Joel's voice made her go back to reality «She.. Ellie.. oh my god, i can't» he placed his hands on her face «Look at me.. baby, look at me.. —her eyes met his— we're gonna take her okay?» Olivia nodded «I'm going to save her..»

___________

«The man said that this is the room» said Joel «I'll wait here.. just in case someone comes» Olivia nodded as she sighed «What if i go in there and she's...» Joel touched her hand «Liv.. you're still in time».

Olivia opened the door and three doctors watched her as she made her way to Ellie, she was there on the bed, still sleeping on anesthesia «I'm not letting you take the cure to mankind» said one of the doctors with the bisturi on his hand.
She killed them.

She took Ellie on her arms with a tear on her face «I'm gonna take you out of here sweetie» Joel saw her getting out of the room «Here.. take her on a car that is in the parking lot downstairs, these are the keys..» Joel looked at her confused «I'm not leaving you here Liv» Olivia sighed «I need to finish something first, wait for me at the house where we..» Joel nodded «I love you Joel» he smiled «I love you too».

_________

She wouldn't have gone without finishing this thing with Marlene.
«Marlene!» she began to shout opening every door, not caring if anyone would've heard her.

She found her in her office, she raised her gun «You're so stupid» said the woman looking at a picture of her and Travis «You think i didn't care about all of this, i loved Travis and i was hurting too» Olivia was still pointing her gun at her «Don't talk about him.. don't even try to, you're just a snake, you didn't deserved him».

«You ran like a fucking traitor, leaving him dying alone, and you call this love? I don't think so» Marlene laughed «And you call that love? C'mon Livy.. first Tommy Miller now Joel? You are weak.. just like them» Olivia pushed her outside the office getting angrier.

She took her to the parking lot.
«This war will not be over Olivia, even if you kill me.. you can't escape forever from what is going to happen» she punched her in the face «Yeah.. and you know what Marlene? I'm tired and i'm not trying to escape anymore».

«Let me go.. you will regret this» said Marlene as she was laying onto the ground, Olivia got close to her «I told you before, you would've saw me again but this time.. Marlene i'm going to watch you die» she then shot her in the head.

_________

Joel was waiting patiently, Ellie was sleeping on the bed and he was waiting and also getting anxious.
Suddenly he saw a figure walking slowly towards the house.
As he got out she noticed that it was Olivia «I killed her.. i killed Marlene.» Joel hugged her «Where is Ellie?» he opened the door and she saw the kid sleeping.

«Hey kid..» she said as Ellie opened her eyes «Where..?» she didn't wanted to break her heart, Olivia knew how much this was important to her «They found another one like you Ellie.. so they decided to let you go» the kid seemed to be convinced about that «We're going to Jackson mhm?» she nodded.

_________

They were walking as suddenly Ellie stopped «Ellie..» said Joel, Olivia looked at her.. that kid was broken and she felt like it was all her fault «Swear to me that everything you two said about the Fireflies is true» Joel looked at Olivia «We swear» the kid sighed.. «Okay..».