Author's Note

Hi all!

Thank you for tuning in :) 

Ignite is a very different story to others I have posted on Wattpad. Firstly, it's not a sci-fi/fantasy novel, and secondly, it is based on some very real events. 

Australia is terrorised by catastrophic bushfires every year, and they're only becoming more intense and frequent as our climate warms.  

This story is loosely based around two events: the 2009 Black Saturday fires in Victoria that destroyed thousands of homes and killed over 180 people, and the 2019 Black Summer fires that burnt 18.6 million hectares of land, claimed at least 35 lives and killed one billion animals. 

So, as much as this story is a work of fiction and a world to immerse yourself in, it's also a call to action. We need to remember what our actions are doing to the environment, and what the environment will do to us in return.

Lots of love,

Skylar xx

Warning:

This story contains reference to themes that may be triggering for some readers including depression, self-harm and PTSD. Please proceed with caution and look after yourselves ❤️❤️

...

If you enjoy this story and want to show your support, please consider adding Ignite to a public reading list. It allows more readers to discover them :)

Copyright © 2020. All works posted here are the property of Skylar Black. Please do not use without permission. Any duplication or reproduction of all or part of the work without explicit permission by the author is illegal.