12. Beat's the hell out of me.

Grace

When you have the world's biggest revelation in a day, high school seems a little unimportant to you after that. Me, for example had the revelation that my mother was an ice queen and expected me to go live in a castle and train to become a demigod and quite possibly lead the navy. 

Three days ago, I would've given anything for such a thing to happen and to exchange lives in a heartbeat. But when reality hits you like a stone to the head, you realize that not everything is so simple. 

Again, me for example, cannot leave my entire life behind to go live the dream life I have been imagining about. I mean think about it, a big magnificent castle, servants to bring you everything, you get to train with a weapon, you're royalty, and yet I can't think of leaving this life behind. 

Why can't I do it? Beat's the hell out of me. 

So by the end of it all, if you don't want to live in a huge castle, you gotta go to high school. Lucky me!

The worst part of it all is that I have to attend high school till the time I decided to join this alternate universe. 

And so we're here standing at the double doors of my high school debating what to do with my life. I had four more days to decide if I was going to join this excitement filled dangerous lifestyle or stay in my mundane high school carefree life. 

Something was seriously wrong with me. I had no idea why I wasn't accepting this other lifestyle.

But then before I could enter through the double doors I heard someone speaking really fast in a foreign language a few feet away from me. Pretty sure it was Spanish. I took a few steps back to look around the corner who was speaking so fast. 

This brunette chick stood with a phone to her ear and was rapidly speaking on it. I watched for a few seconds while she quieted for a while and then jumped when suddenly she started cursing loudly. At least I think she was cursing by her wild hand action. 

See kids, this is where you're supposed to move on without a care and not poke into people's business. You know the phrase mind your own business? This is what you're supposed to do. This is what I'm supposed to do. But no! I was too damn curious for my own good. 

Well crap! This is probably where it all went downhill and became much more worse and I can't really say otherwise.

Hey wait a minute! Wasn't that chick the one from The Brew? The whats-her-name who was pissed as hell at Luke? 

Hell yeah she was! But why was she so stressed? I really have no clue why I was so interested in finding out about her but for some reason when I was supposed to leave her to her own issues I was sneaking around and listening to her curse some poor soul on her phone. 

It could be her boyfriend who messed up or it could be her best friend to whom she was complaining about her boyfriend messing up. Or it could be something else entirely. 

Then she hung up on the phone and I scattered. I moved on after that. I attended my classes. I didn't actually pay attention in any of them but then in the past three days I'd found out that Luke and Sam were both in majority of my classes. They'd started to sit with Cleo and me during lunch break. 

Cleo was having the best time of her life while the boys talked with her. I think she even had a few photos with them which she was going to post later on Instagram no doubt to make other girls jealous. 

Let's face it, only the cheerleaders or else some girl who was in a relationship with the boys would have a photo of them on their pages. Cleo got to be the one who could get pictures with them via me.