15. Snakey is dumb

Luke

Almost everything went wrong with the way the serpent leaped out of the pit. 

"Run." Sam yelled and everyone scrambled. The three of them split into three different directions in all the chaos. Everyone around them started screaming and it was all a horrible mess. 

Luke got to a nearby building and hid behind a wall. He peeked around the wall to look at what was happening and his jaw dropped. 

The serpent was now out of the pit and was hissing at everyone who was around it. People were scrambling to get away from it. It's head rose from the ground to a height like a snake does and green liquid dropped from its fangs. A lot. 

There was a car parked in the middle of the street. The serpent behind it and Grace and Cleo hiding on this side of it. Really? This girl couldn't get any other place to hide?

He spotted Sam behind the serpent hiding around the corner of another building. Sam caught his gaze as well. 

Luke pulled out his phone. No point making any gestures if Sam wasn't going to understand it. And he had no idea how to tell him that Grace was stuck behind a car as well. 

So te texted him: Grace and Cleo. Behind the red car. Gotta help them.

He gestured to Sam to check his phone. Thankfully Sam understood that instantly. He saw the way Sam's eyes widened when he read the text and then started typing back furiously. 

Luke's phone pinged the next second. 

Sam: THAT'S MY CAR!! Could she not run towards a building?!?!

Luke had the dying urge to laugh at his text but then the place had gone dead quiet. Everyone was hiding behind trees and buildings and his sister was the only one who had found it amusing to hide behind a car. So he texted back:

My point exactly. You distract the snake. I'll get them out of there.

Sam shook his head while glaring at Luke when he read the text. Luke huffed and held up his hands as if to say what else can we do?

Sam: Get them out. I'll figure out how to distract the snake.

Sam pocketed his phone and then started searching for something around him. Luke then tried to get Grace's attention. She spotted him immediately with all the hand movements he was doing. 

Then he texted her: Sam is figuring out how to distract the snake while I get you out of there.

Thankfully he didn't have to tell her to check her phone because she got it out immediately. 

Grace: Where is the snake?

Luke had almost forgotten about where the snake was headed when he looked up to see it inching closer and closer to the car where his sister was hiding. 

Sam had to do something fast or else Grace and Cleo would be snake meat in less than twenty seconds. The snake was ten feet away from the car when from the corner of his eye he saw Sam waving at him. 

He'd found a few stones and was about to throw them at the snake. 

Luke: Get ready.

Grace's eyes widened at her phone while she clutched Cleo's hand tighter and whispered something to her. 

Sam threw a stone at the snake. It hit it's long scaly body but the snake didn't notice it. Sam threw another stone. And another until the snake hissed loudly and turned it's head in Sam's direction. Sam hid behind the wall and that's when Luke motioned for Grace to move it.