13. A favor owed

Sam

Sam was having a life of his own. Ever since he'd practically moved out of his house and was now living at Luke's place everything was going pretty great. Guess a major change like that was needed for everything to go back on track. 

He was now living at Luke's place and had offered to pay him rent for living there. But Luke had refused very firmly. He'd said to repay him by helping around the house since his mother wasn't home most of the time. 

Luke's mom was another sweetheart. She was a kind, loving woman who wouldn't take no for an answer and always made macaroni and kept it in the fridge for both of them whenever she went to work. 

Her macaroni was another benefit of living with the Walkers. Seriously amazing!

Luke was just like his mother. He was the reason he'd got his car and his belongings back. It had been Luke's idea to sneak back into his old home and get his things back. Sam found it outrageous to sneak into his own home but Luke had said it was better than facing his ass of a stepfather incase he tried to do something more outrageous that would get Sam locked in his own home. 

So two nights ago they'd gone back to his old home and Luke had instructed him exactly what to do. The first thing they'd done was lock the doors to his parent's bedroom so they could get some time to get all his stuff back. 

They'd snuck in through his bedroom window and Sam had gotten straight to packing his stuff while Luke had locked the door and opened his garage. As quietly as possible that is. 

They'd even stuck a chair in the knob of the door to give them some more time. Luke had made sure that Sam was done packing when he'd opened the garage shutter. 

Because once that was open, Sam's parents were awake. They'd quickly gotten in his car and then drove away while his parents were struggling to get the door open.  

The two of them had been laughing the entire night they'd driven around town and then settled in early morning at Luke's home. Then Sam had gone and practically emancipated himself from his family. His bank account was separated and made entirely on his own name. 

Sam thought about getting his own apartment but Luke had stopped him. He'd told Sam to save some more before he got himself an apartment. Between school fees and rent and so many more spendings the money would disappear faster than he could blink. 

But Sam didn't want to overstay his welcome so he got himself a job as a barista. It paid him enough to be stable.  

He helped around the house as much as he could and then sat down to watch whenever Luke's mom aka Chloe savagely ripped Luke a new one. They'd started going to school together in his car and then waited till everyone was gone to go home. Since no one needed to know where Luke lived. 

Yesterday Grace had gotten herself into a mess with the whole girl-from-The Brew- thing. It was a good thing that he'd gotten his car the night before so that they could escape. They'd gotten away in time thank you God.

He hadn't seen his half sister in the entire day since they had practice before lunch break. Luke and Sam were both on the field playing their respective games. After practice when all the boys were in the locker room showering was when he heard the commotion.  

The boys started hollering abruptly and were making catcalls. A few minutes passed before a "Luke and Sam get your asses out here!" reached him. He was already done showering so he pulled a hoodie over his head as he headed to the entrance. 

Grace was standing there with a seething look on her face. Luke emerged from the middle of few boys wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.