14. Fudge cake

Grace

We had one day remaining. One day. 

Within that one day we had to decide if we were going to stay on this planet or possibly move to another one. Right now, we were lounging at Luke's place. His home had officially become a place to hangout since the boys lived there and I lived on the other side of town. So naturally I headed here and plus they had macaroni. I was hungry.

It was the weekend. Saturday morning just chilling and watching TV while eating macaroni. Luke's mom had a shift at the hospital and was always out anyways. My dad was going on one of his business travel's again on Monday and he was drowned in his work. 

So here we are, hanging out at the Walker's home and doing absolutely nothing. Sam was taking care of his bank accounts online while Luke was scrolling through his phone. Meanwhile I was sitting on the floor between them and watching TV while eating macaroni. 

This macaroni was going to get me addicted to it now. I was currently watching Bride Wars on TV and on the verge of crying at the end scene. 

"If you cry right now I'm gonna disown you as my sister." Sam said without looking up from his laptop. 

"Shut up! You still want me around to help you with your classes." I sniffled waving him off. 

"What classes?" Luke asked. 

"She's helping me with history and literature." Sam said still not looking away from his laptop.

"So she's tutoring you?" Luke kept his phone away to join me on the floor. 

"Yea." I answered him. He took a bite of the macaroni on my plate and looked at the screen. 

"For free?" Luke asked as he increased the volume of the TV.  "How can you even watch such sappy wedding movies?" He made a face at the movie. 

"How do you not know bride wars?" I gasped at him.

"Yea she's tutoring me for free. Something about liking the thing about teaching." Sam mumbled. 

"You like tutoring?" Luke gasped at me. 

"Yea, I kinda do. And don't change the subject!" I swatted his arm. "How do you not know bride wars?" I asked him again. 

"I don't spend my time watching sappy bride movies you know." He narrowed his eyes at me. 

I shook my head at him and turned back to the TV. If you ask me now, this isn't exactly how we should've been spending our last day to decided whether we were going to stay or not. 

But then you didn't ask me so I can't blame you. You know it takes something drastic to realize the severity of the situation? That's exactly what happened with us. Oh it wasn't just drastic. It was mind numbingly dangerous. So I guess it was safe to say that our lives wouldn't be boring anymore. 

God it makes you wish you never said it in the first place. 

In reality Luke was just as engrossed as I was in the TV and the macaroni was now over. 

"Always knew she was going to dump the guy in the end." Luke muttered beside me. I frowned. 

"You were watching the movie weren't you?" I whispered to him. Luke didn't meet my gaze as he mumbled a quiet yes

"You liked it didn't you?" I grinned at him. 

"Don't you dare tell anyone I watch sappy wedding movies with you." Luke glared at me. 

"How about we make a deal? You take me to all the parties and I'll show you all the sappy romantic movies." I held my hand out for a shake. 

"Deal." Luke shook my hand.