A cold warmth

Rachi • Jisung

•

Rachi laughed tauntingly as she skateboarded down a steep hill. She looked back seeing the fat store owner hopelessly chase her. Distracted by the store clerk, she collided with another person.

She cursed flying off her skateboard and onto the hard ground. The person she collided with stood over her worriedly.

"I-I'm sorry. Are y-you ok-k-kay?" A gentle male voice stuttered

"Does it look like I'm okay?" She siad smartly . She looked up at the stranger noticing their attire, "You go to gyeomyon learning ?" She asked.

He had on a blue and yellow sweater vest with khaki shorts. She grimaced at the uniform knowing she would be wearing it, soon.

The boy was in awe at her, for many reasons. He had never met a foreigner, especially a black one. Her korean was perfect. And, He'd never anyone speak to him so... normally.

"Y-ye-yeah.", He watched her pick up her skateboard and a bag of candy, "Do you g-go th-there to-too?" He stuttered

She ignored his question dusting herself off. He noticed blood on her cheek causing him to blush in embarrassment.
She flipped her board over stepping on it.

"I-I'm Ji-Jisung b-by th-the way." He stated gripping the straps of his backpack.

"Be lucky you didn't break my board, dumbass."

She glared at him before skating away. He fixed his glasses watching her skate away. Jisung smiled lightly taking an odd liking towards the rude girl.

"HEY KID." Jisung whipped his head towards the greasy store clerk. The man snapped him out of his daze, "Have you seen a girl with dark skin? That ugly monkey stole from me."